• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

wilbur09
6-10 Cruises • Age 40s

Sail Date: Aug 2017
Cabin: Concierge Level

This was a honeymoon cruise and expectations were high. On the third night of the cruise our shower lost pressure only to regain pressure while gushing hot thick brown water. Thank God my wife was not in the shower, otherwise her being covered in thick brown water would have ruined our honeymoon. I was told by reception we would have a plumber address the situation right away only to have our cleaning person assure us that a "water test" had been conducted. This attempt at a solution was insulting. I asked reception if we could have access to any available shower to sanitize only to be told that there was nothing they could do. A plumber left an indecipherable message confirming a leak the next day, but at that point I had already sanitized myself with a cold shower and hand sanitizer (...and slightly regained my wife's confidence that I wasn't completely defiled by sewage). We were apologized to with a cheap bottle (also insulting since we don't drink). Providing a shower would have resolved the problem. Instantaneously being told no when asked for showering options was disappointing. We tried to enjoy the remainder of the cruise, however the open berating of staff by management, the repeated errors made by the Destination Staff and wait staff, and the chaotic disembarkation force us to consider other options for future cruising.

We avoided the entertainment (lack of interest) and specialty restaurants. We had booked all the specialty restaurants but cancelled after Red Ginger staff consistently got our order wrong.

Concierge Level