• Newsletter
  • Cruise Tips

Insignia Review

Editor Rating
15 Awards

Insignia & Staff Great, Most Excusions Very Good.

Review for Insignia to Transatlantic
Upper Deck Guy
2-5 Cruises • Age 70s

Value for Money

Sail Date: Jul 2017
Cabin: Concierge Level Veranda Stateroom

I have cruised on the Marina twice and was wondering how I would find the R class (smaller ship than the O class) Insignia. Well, I loved it. Why? The size was excellent and the passengers did not overwhelm the ports or tendering operations. Just a nice scale. True the Veranda suites are smaller and particularly the showers than the Marina but they were not disappointing. I did not miss the other specialty restaurants they have on the O ships. Food was excellent and fully up to Marina/Oceania standards. Which I have found to be the best of all other cruise lines that we have taken, mainly AMA and Holland America. I had read a review prior to the trip that stated that the Insignia was tired and dog eared. I looked very closely at a number of areas of the ship and found her to be in excellent condition. I think the main lounge was a little weak (small) for entertainment but we don't cruise for the entertainment. Piano bar and string quartets are more of our thing and was very good on Insignia. I loved the itinerary because they were unique ports and not tourist traps. I learned things about places I had never read about. Service was outstanding as it has been on our other Oceania cruises. Booked next years cruise while on board.

Concierge Level Veranda Stateroom

Port Reviews

Boston

Walked the freedom trail but did not make it to the Back Bay due to time restrictions.

7 Helpful Votes