• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

Princess Caroline
2-5 Cruises • Age 50s

Sail Date: Aug 2017
Cabin:

To say I was a bit apprehensive about going it alone is an understatement but it was the best experience ever! I flew from Glasgow with Easyjet. The flight was 30 minutes late leaving but made up the time en route. Arrived in Malaga, through passport control and collected my luggage in jig time. There were plenty of Thomson reps at the airport to guide me to the coach. Journey to the port took about 25 mins. On arrival at the port there was no waiting about and I checked in and was on the ship within 10 minutes. My suitcase was sitting outside my cabin after just 10 minutes of getting on board!! Great! The cabin was a twin and had plenty of wardrobe and drawer space. The bathroom was small but perfectly suitable. There's a safe but it had to be operated by using a credit/debit card...not exactly ideal as it meant you had to carry the card around with you! The ship itself is lovely and was kept clean and tidy by the hard working staff. The restaurants were great, plenty of choice and the waiters were always happy and cheery. My favourite was 47 Gallery. Unfortunately I didn't get the chance to try one of the restaurants that charged a surcharge Surf and Turf as it was fully booked. Entertainment was plentiful and varied. Loads going on during the day and great shows/music at night. There was a comedian on one of the nights who was hilarious. My favourite ports were Porto, Lisbon and Cadiz. Gibraltar was a big disappointment, bit dirty and smelly I thought. Didn't do any of the excursions, just did my own thing as the ship docks fairly close to all the towns/cities.

A special mention to the Social Hostess, Eleanor. She organised a coffee morning for all the solo passengers on the first day and I was lucky enough to meet 6 other like minded female solo passengers. We all got on well and met up for dinner etc. Good times were had by all!!

I would definitely go on Discovery 2 again, if fact I'm looking at the Greek Islands for next year.

Cabin Single

Cabin was more than suitable for one person. Only gripe I have is that my cabin was below one of the lounges and could be a bit noisy at night.

Find a Marella Discovery 2 Cruise