Emerald Liberte Cruise Review

OK Experience

Emerald Liberte Cruise Review by ashleyshood

• Sail Date: Aug 2017
  • Destination: Europe River

Being my very first river cruise, I wasn't sure what to expect. The ship was absolutely gorgeous: everything new, modern, sleek, etc. The staff was amazing - they went above and beyond to help with anything and everything. They got to know what you liked, so you really didn't even have to order. If you didn't like something - they'd offer to bring you something else. They were extremely polite and personable - which made it easy to have fun with them and enjoy their company. I can't say enough about the staff, you are extremely lucky to have people that are so dedicated and hardworking. They really are the only reason (other than the ship itself) that this rating is getting a 3/5.

The food on the ship was below what I expected. Everything was plated beautifully, however, the taste wasn't on point. Twice the meat was tough and chewy and overall, the sides were plain and flavorless. Seeing as though we were in the South of France, my expectations on food were extremely high and were not met. Breakfast was lack luster - each morning the same thing... lunch was so poor that we'd eat off the ship each day.

Entertainment was OK. It was nice to have mellow, quiet music for some of the time - but, that was the extent of the entertainment. I was the youngest passenger on board, so definitely I have different music preferences... but, everyone on the ship wanted more from the entertainment in the evenings. Something lively, upbeat, with the times... there needed to be something else.

The itinerary was good - however, I felt we we stayed in a couple places a bit too long. Upon getting on the ship, we stayed in the same place for 2 days before the ship left. Then the last part of the trip, we were also there for 2 days. It would have been nicer to get moving more quickly.

ashleyshood's Full Rating Summary

Cabin Balcony Suite 319

The cabin was gorgeous. The only complaint I have is that the shower is very small and with the door opening inward, makes things very difficult.

ashleyshood