3. Star Princess
After looking at the various brochures and excursions, I felt confident Princess Cruises would be the best choice. The pictures showed the wildlife in Denali National Park as plentiful and when I experienced Denali National Park by Tour Bus, we didn't see much of anything. Very disappointed by this, the 10th day of my 11 day Alaska Package with Princess Cruises, I finally seen some of the wildlife I was looking forward to see. This was an excursion in Ketchikan, AK. The cruise's entertainment was very poor. I walked out on most shows and entertainment. I compare this with Holland American and Norwegian cruises I have taken in the past. Those shows were perfection compared to the Las Vegas type entertainment. I don't know where Princess Cruises' entertainment coordinator was when they ended up with the entertainment on this cruise. I found many times to be bored to tears whereas the other cruises kept me so busy and entertained, I didn't have time to sleep. The food, especially the buffet, were a disappointment. What happened to the midnight buffet and the ice carvings? This last cruise with Princess had one buffet open and I visited 2 days into the cruise for lunch. It was not visually appealing and appetizing. It looked like an inexpensive buffet you'd find in any city. Nothing special. The dining experience was good as long as you had assigned seating. The dining room had good quality food for the most part, but there were times I had to reject the food due to it being undercooked or bad taste. I'm not a picky eater so it must have been bad! The embarkation was poorly coordinated. Princess Cruises released me off the ship too late and missed my flight from Vancouver to Seattle and then to Phoenix. To top that off Alaska Air had a 4 hour delayed flight I was on again missing my connection and luggage. Alaska Air treated me very nice, compensated my inconvenience with a discounted ticket for future travel, and never charged me for rebooking due to Princess Cruises lack of getting me off the ship in time for my flight. Allow 4 hours at the airport when going through customs...that's what I was later told at the airport. I was told by my Trip Advisor at Princess Cruises to complain to Customer Service. I wrote them an e-mail (address provided by my Trip Advisor) 3 weeks ago and I have not heard a word back from them. They have terrible service all the way around.

The Excursions Were the Highlight of my Cruise

Tami.Angel’s Full Rating Summary
Get Star Princess price drops

Interior
Cabin IF
The Star Princess is an older ship and has been refurbished. The inside cabin was decorated quite nice with mirrors placed that made the smallness of the cabin look bigger. It was pretty and comfortable with the exception of the bed being broken down and uncomfortable.

I had the most cheerful room attendant wishing me a great day with a smile every morning. He made sure my room was clean and made-up numerous times per day. He was excellent.
Lido Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins