3. Carnival Pride
Wanted to give everyone a quick look of what I thought of each of the activities on/off the ship. Just a little background: I'm 36 my wife is 40 and my two sons who were 6 and 10. We traveled with my parents as well. Embarkation: Very good. We had FTTF and were on the ship after waiting for about 20-30 minutes. Not bad at all Decor: Meh... Wasn't really family friendly. Lot's a renaissance art with naked people. Some people probably love that stuff but not our thing ;) Stateroom: Great! We had a balcony and we loved it. Nice not to have to fight people for seats to see the stars at night. Our cabin steward Randy was AMAZING! Kids Camp: Excellent. They do a really good job. I'm worried about when my kid turns 12 though. Lot's of preteens/teens getting into mischief. Breakfast: Eat at the buffet or order in! The dining room was super slow and food was better at Blue Iguana Lunch: Fantastic. Many choices, burgers, pizza and burritos were standouts Dinner: Hit and miss. Some of it was great (cold soups, chicken, ribs etc.) Some was ok (salads, pork, etc) and some were really bad (prime rib, over cooked pork loin) one thing that was consistently excellent were the desserts. Never had a bad one. Our waiters were also very good as well. Service was a little slow which wasn't a big deal excepts for scheduling conflicts which I'll get into later. Daytime activities: A little sparce. The Trivia and games were fun when they had them but they were kinda few and far between. We brought games with us to keep us entertained Entertainment: Shows were quite good with 80's night being a standout. Comedy club: Awesome! Great comedians, good mix of family friendly and adult comics Grand Turk: Very Nice! Spent a lot of time at the pool in Margaritaville, it was great. If you want to go to beach I suggest you walk 10 minutes down as it's nicer there. Half Moon Cay: PARADISE! If you don't do an excursion get a cabana or villa, it's worth it. This place is amazing Freeport: Terrible! We tried getting a taxi with my family and they were trying to have us sit on other peoples laps and were herding us like cattle. All of us in the van felt very uncomfortable and unsafe. My family and other cruises said let's get out of this van we don't want to pay for this! They then tried to shut the door on us as we tried to leave and my father had to push the doors open to break free from that hell hole. We hate Freeport and it gets it's bad reputation for a reason. Get a carnival excursion or stay on the ship! Freeport sucks! Staff: Like stated before, cabin stewart was wonderful, wait staff were nice, cruise director Anthony was ok. Rest of staff was nice, very friendly and helpful. Debarkation: WOW! So fast. We did self assist and were out of there in no time! Biggest complaint (besides Freeport): SCHEDULING! We had early dining at 6 and show started at 7:30. It was not enough time in between. Not sure why the show wasn't at 8:00 like on other ships. Late dining would be even worse as the 2nd show was at 9:30 and there dining is at 8:15. Very poor planning on who came up with the scheduling times. Biggest compliment: Staff and Half Moon Cay. They make you feel like royalty!

Great family cruise

Carnival Pride Cruise Review by ryanq

• Sail Date: August 2017
  • Destination: Bahamas
  • Cabin Type: Balcony

Lunch: Fantastic. Many choices, burgers, pizza and burritos were standouts

Entertainment: Shows were quite good with 80's night being a standout.

Debarkation: WOW! So fast. We did self assist and were out of there in no time!

Biggest compliment: Staff and Half Moon Cay. They make you feel like royalty!
ryanq’s Full Rating Summary
Ages 3 to 6
Ages 10 to 12
Get Carnival Pride price drops

Balcony
Cabin 8F 7144
Very clean, if bed is too hard ask them to fix it. They did for me :)
Panorama Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins