3. Norwegian Dawn
We loved Bermuda. Leaving from Boston is a breeze. We have traveled on the Dawn many times. Getting on the ship was so easy. We arrive at Black Falcon at 11;30. We were on the ship by noon. We choose to go to the buffet for lunch. The buffet is OK. The area is very clean. The food is OK. It is not fabulous, but it is not awful. I usually get a salad with fruit. So the buffet is good. Lots of burger/hot dog/sandwich choices. We went to the welcome show. It was OK. We have seen it so many times. We went to Los Lobos for guacamole. It is unreal. They makes it at your table. Worth the $5.99. day 2 I spent doing trivia, reading, casino, and being lazy. Trivia was fun. Since I have been on many cruises, trivia does not use the same games over and over. The casino took my $$$$$. Day 3, we arrived early to Bermuda. I went to snorkel beach. They were charging double. NOT worth it. The beach is full of broken glass and bottle tops. They do not clean the beach after the nighttime party. Several people stepped on broken glass. They had to get stitches. Day 4 I took the new FREE NCL ferry to St. George. I arrived to see the dunking. This is a reenactment of how women were punished in the 1700. It is a very funny show. St George is trying to come back. Most of the stores were closed. An hour is all that is needed there. Such a cute town, but not much to do there. Day 5, I took a free tour of the dockyard. It was wonderful. The tour starts at the moon gate at 9:30 AM. They reenact the year 1863. You meet townsfolk as you walk. It was fun. I also took a tour of the fort. It was $15. I thought it was great and worth the $$. I also took a walk to the clock tower for shopping. I do not like to go far on departure day. Day 6 was a sea day. I spent the day at trivia, casino, reading, and shows. Saw Elements. I have seen this show several times. It is still wonderful. Casino took my $$$$. Day 7, I spent doing trivia, casino, and talking to friends. Casino took my $$$$. We ate at several restaurants. Our favorite is Los Lobos. We love the guacamole and grilled shrimp. Service is the best. We had dinner with a friend at Moderno's. I love the salad bar. The desserts are super. Service was excellent. We had a meal at Bamboo. The food is good, not great. But it is a free restaurant....so I was happy. We also ate two nights at Cagney's. Cagney's is the reason for a lower review. As latitude members we received two free dinners with wine after our 30th cruise (we now have 77 with NCL) About six months ago, NCL took our well-earned rewards away. We now receive one free meal with wine and one free meal with water, They also took away allowing us to order a side. A 20 cent order of fries after 77 cruises. They give you a pieces of meat all alone on a plate. The Breakaway and the Gem allow their loyal customers a side. The NCL Dawn does not. The manager is very rude. He refuses to budge. I ordered lamb the first night. It was delicious. I ordered it again the last night. It had a sour taste. I sent it back. The second order also had a sour taste. The manager refused to believe the meat tasted bad. He argued with me. I love the Dawn. It is my favorite ship.

Almost Perfect

Norwegian Dawn Cruise Review by lah830

• Sail Date: August 2017
  • Destination: Bermuda
  • Cabin Type: Family Inside

I love the Dawn. It is my favorite ship.
lah830’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Dawn price drops

Family Inside
Cabin I1 10711
I traveled with a handicapped person. This room was easy for her to move around. The bathroom was excellent for a person with handicap needs.

Housekeeping was the best ever.
Deck 10 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins