Celebrity Reflection Cruise Review
1,874 Reviews

One of the best ones yet!!

Celebrity Reflection Cruise Review by cruisebunny32

• Sail Date: Apr 2017
  • Destination: the Western Caribbean

I took this cruise with a friend of mine. We have cruised several times together over the past 12 years. She had booked it prior and I was added to the cabin.

Check in:

This is the first time I boarded in Miami. I was impressed with the facilities

We are Elite members of Captains club and we filled out the xpass prior to sailing, so check in was a breeze. It took minutes and we were off to the ship.

Cabin:

We had a deck 6 cabin with a very reasonable price. But it was an obstructed view cabin, so the life boats blocked the view if you were sitting on the verandah, but you could stand and see over them and see the ocean. I am not sure that I would book another obstructed view cabin, but it was fine.

Our cabin steward was very attentive. Our room was always cleaned, we had fresh towels all of the time. He went above an beyond if we asked

Main Dining Room:

Our waiter was not very attentive the first night. The hostess had sat people at our table accidently and the waiter handled the whole thing very poorly. Instead of just seating us at the other table neaby, he chose to move the people that were already seating, with menus and bread. He did make up for it by the next night. And turned out to be a great waiter.

Dinners were okay. I did not have any dinners in the main dining room that wowed me. They were average. Thinks were good tasting, but not as good as prior years.

Bars:

We had a few bartenders that remembered us from other cruises and they took very good care of us. Getting to know the staff is always fun and they have great hints about places to see and things to do. A little extra tip goes a long way with them. Even with a beverage package, we tip the bartenders. They work hard!!!

We spent a lot of time in the Sunset bar area. On this ship the bar is sunken. We were usually able to get seats at the bar, but the areas around had nice relaxing seats. It is in the aft part of the ship beyond the Lawn. I got to taste a variety of drinks with my drink package.

Quisine:

We ate here mid week. We had a table for 12 and we had excellent service. Our waiter really knew the menu and what to suggest for our large party. It was one of the best meals we had all week.

Lawn Club Grill:

We ate here mid week as well. It was not as good as the last time I ate here 3 years ago on Silhoutte. I was not really impressed with the service here either. Esp since you have to pay extra for the specialty restaurant. I think the service should be above. I think the service here is better for smaller parties.

Entertainment:

I did go to a couple of shows and saw the comedian. They were good. I didn't really spend time doing other activities this trip.

Shore Excursions:

We booked 3 excursions this trip. I usually don't book excursions. I will say that celebrity works with other companies on the island and they do a great job. I felt safe and was entertained.

Cozumel:

Today we just walked around and shopped. Definately take a taxi and go into town. Go all the way to the end to Los Cinco Soles and there is plenty of shopping and eating. Silver is pretty cheap in Cozumel. I also aways buy Vanilla. We ate lunch at Senor Frogs at the peer. It was okay

Caymen:

Today we went on the Dolphin excursion. It was just my friend and I. We had booked the cheaper of the 2 excursions. There were only 4 people in our group. You definately need water shoes. We got in a pool with a dolphin and go to play with her. Then we got to go into another pool with a 2nd dolphin and played some more. I was amazed how much time we got. It seemed as if our experience was way better than the one that was more expensive. What they don't tell you is they take a ton of pictures and they are not cheap!! Luckily you can have mutiple copies of the disk.

Jamaica; We booked the Blue Hole/ Tubing experience. It was a day long adventure. We were on a bus that took us about 2 hours away. We first did Blue hole where you climb up a rocks towards a cliff type area and you jump into a hole of water. It really was amazing. The tour guide were very attentive and when I decided to chicken out on the jump, they were okay and made sure I got down safely. We then took a short bus ride to the tubing experience. That was a lot of fun as well and again the guides were very attentive. We then had lunch-Of couse Jamician Jerk chicken, rice and rum punch. The bus brought us right back to where the ship was docked and we had a little time to look at the crafts the locals had in a small shop area.

Labadee: This place was really awesome. It is a private island and they take entertainment, food and drinks off the ship and onto the island. Our bartender friends tolds us where to go. First we did the Zip line here. That was incredable. They start you with a shorter smaller one to test you out and then a bigger one that was awesome. You zip over water. The top was a little scary and they had military guards around, which was a little unsettling. I guess for protection for guests. After Zipping, we went to the buffet and found our bartender at one of the bars. The food was good. Hambergers, Hotdogs, salads, chicken, and desserts. They also had local selling their merchandise. I got a few cute lone of a kind items.

Shops on board:

I like the $10 sale. and I got a few different items. I also go some costume jewerly that many people comment on today. They usually have a sale on tshirts mid week. so you can get shirts for folks back home at a decent price.

Disembarkation:

We waited in a nice lounge while the called the numbers and once they called us we walked off the ship and to the luggage area. They have luggage carousels here instead of the warehouse with long rows. I think this way is easier. We had later flight so we were not in a rush.

I think if the food would have been a little better, then maybe I could have had 5 stars on the rating. But I will definately cruise again on Celebrity.

cruisebunny32's Full Rating Summary

Miami

I liked the port. We parked in the Garage and it was easy to find and get in and out

Cozumel

I recommend taking a cab and going in town. Lots of shopping and great food. Good deals on Silver and Jade in Cozumel.

We at at Senor Frogs at the peer. Party atmosphere. Bar food. it was fun.

Dolphin Encounter

This was an amazing experience. We took the cheaper version of the options, but still had lots of fun with the dolphins

They charge a fortune for the pictures, but you HAVE to get them!!!

View All 88 Dolphin Encounter Reviews
Irie Blue Hole

The Blue Hole is climbing and jumping. It was a great experience and the tour guides were awesome. We also went tubing and had lunch. The bus ride was kind of long, but the tour guide kept us entertained.

View All 62 Irie Blue Hole Reviews
Ziplining

What a great experience for my first Zipline

The island is just beautiful and it was a great day!!

View All 233 Ziplining Reviews