3. Carnival Sunshine
Our embarkment day and the first full day at sea were very rainy, foggy, and COLD. As a result, we could not really use the outdoor areas. This made the inside of the ship feel CROWDED. The crew did their best to keep everybody happy, but with so many people packed in there, it was difficult. My main criticisms were 1) The walkways into the dining room are very congested. 2) The swimming pool was tiny. Seriously, the swimming pool in our backyard is bigger. It is like people soup. 3) I hate that they make you walk through the smoke-filled casino to get around on Deck 5. Both ports, St John and Halifax, were lovely. The weather was beautiful. The towns were very quaint and I did not feel like a tourist at all. I love the Canadian people for their genuine warmth. For onboard entertainment, we enjoyed the comedy club performers. We only attended the PG shows, but went away laughing both times. Overall, I had a nice time. For Canada bound itineraries, I would suggest making sure you enjoy the ship's indoor activities because you cannot count on being able to be outside. (And even if the weather is sunny, it can still be too cold to use the pool and waterslides) It is my understanding the ship also goes to the Caribbean and I believe this would be a great ship for heading to warmer weather.

First cruise - The crowds bothered me

Carnival Sunshine Cruise Review by MommytoAsquared

MommytoAsquared’s Full Rating Summary
Ages 10 to 12
Ages 13 to 15
Get Carnival Sunshine price drops

Balcony
Cabin 8C 7250
As this was my first cruise, I did not know what to expect for my cabin. I was surprised at the amount of storage they were able to fit into such a small space. My cabin steward was a very pleasant man who made up our beds twice daily and was very attentive to our needs.
Deck 8 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins

• Halifax
    We took the Top 10 Halifax Tour. We enjoyed the stops and the tour guide was very informative.
  • Bay of Fundy
    We actually took the St Martin/Bay of Fundy Tour.

We were the last family to board the bus. As a result, we were all separated in single seats next to people we did not know. Since this tour involved a lot of driving, this really decreased our enjoyment.

Also, we went to St Martin's first, then loaded back up on the bus and drove less than a minute to the Bay of Fundy. I understand the walk may have been too much for some people, but they should have given us an option to walk rather than load back onto the bus.

The stops on the tour were nice. We enjoyed walking out onto the beach although the tide was in so we could not see the sea caves.
    View All 46 Bay of Fundy Reviews
  • Saint Martin Tour
    We actually took the St Martin/Bay of Fundy Tour.

View All 7 Saint Martin Tour Reviews