3. Celebrity Summit
Being this was my first time on a cruise, I was impressed. The staff is excellent and goes above and beyond for everything. They made sure we were happy at all times. The maintenance service for the stateroom was great. The ship was relatively small (comparing our ship to the Norwegian Breakaway that was docked next to us in Bermuda). It is due for some renovations as you can tell on the walls and floors. I would suggest this cruise for an older person, rather than young adults. The dining service was accommodating. The buffet has plenty of selections including stations such as pizza, pasta, cultural food, and freshly cooked meat & seafood. The dessert is relatively bland and lacks sugar. If you do not have a beverage package, drinks can be pricey. A pina colada with no liquor in it costs roughly $7. A bottle of water costs $3. I WOULD SUGGEST PACKING A CASE OF WATER. For someone who does not like to drink tap water, bottled water is expensive throughout the entire cruise. The Cosmopolitan was a great restaurant that was included in our package. Excellent choices and great tasting food, compared to the Oceanview Cafe. We did not eat at the specialty dining restaurants. Activities on the boat were scattered throughout the day. Each morning they provide you with a daily schedule for the entire day of activities, concerts, movies and theatrical productions. I would definitely suggest attending the performances at the theatre. The singers and dancers were wonderful to watch. They have such amazing talent! I would also suggest not buying souvenirs on the boat first thing, but to wait until the last full day of the cruise. Great prices on last minute things that you may have forgotten on the island. Lastly, the ports are such a pain! You will need to have your SeaPass card out when you are getting off the boat to the island, as well as when you come back onto the boat. Also, do not forget your photo ID to get back on. At times, there were lines to get back onto the boat, due to passing through security every time. In my opinion, some of the shore excursions listed through the cruise are not worth it at all. Definitely free-style the Crystal caves. My suggestion is to buy a combination day pass for the ferry/bus for $19 per person and figure out your way with a map (It is not hard). Also, I would not recommend doing both of the caves. If you do the Crystal Cave, it is all you need to see. The Fantasy Cave was nothing different than the Crystal Cave. I also did the longest shore excursion provided (7 hours) called the Hidden Gems and it was worth it for $199 per person. It provided us the tour guide, transportation, two caves, cliff jumping, snorkeling, lunch & ice cream. Transportation from the dockyard to this location, which is mainly on the other side of the island took about an hour and could be very costly, using a taxi. REMINDER: Bring bottled water with you onto the boat.

To Bermuda 8/6-8/13

Celebrity Summit Cruise Review by amandaa810

• Sail Date: August 2017
  • Destination: Bermuda
  • Cabin Type: Deluxe Ocean View with Balcony 2A

REMINDER: Bring bottled water with you onto the boat.
amandaa810’s Full Rating Summary
Get Celebrity Summit price drops

Deluxe Ocean View with Balcony 2A
Cabin 2A
Excellent staff for the stateroom. Always made sure we were satisfied.
Deck 7 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins