Some good, some not so good: Carnival Pride Cruise Review by StephfromPa

Carnival Pride 2
StephfromPa
Member Since 2017

Overall Member Rating

Some good, some not so good

Sail Date: August 2017
Embarkation: Baltimore
This is our second time on the Carnival Pride - we took this ship five years ago on a different itinerary before some of the additions were made. We liked the Guy Fieri Burgers and the Mexican additions. We all found the food to be quite good - the ship is very well staffed and all crew members in the dining room and throughout the ship were very friendly.

My daughter very much enjoyed the camp - the staff was friendly and they had plenty of activities to keep her busy (she is 9).

The guest services desk is ALWAYS crowded and understaffed. We had to wait in line for over an hour to get a key to our children's cabin. Additionally, some of the people who work there couldn't assist with information requested. Maxine, the manager, was very helpful.

Issue and Warning - DO NOT GO TO THE SPA!!! The manager is pushy and rude and the services are RIDICULOUSLY overpriced and not worth it. On the first day of our cruise I won in a raffle a 50 dollar gift certificate to More the spa. When I went to book a pedicure, I found out you could only apply it on port days AND it had to be on a signature service. The most inexpensive service was 150 dollars, so I still had to spend 100 plus tip. I decided on a facial. It was awful - 35 minutes of rubbing lotions on my face - what a dissapointment - no massage and minimal service. When the spa manager asked how I liked my facial, I said it was OK - she further inquired and I told her I didn't think it was worth the cost. She was livid and defensive. When I left I decided to tell guest services about the situation and the way the spa manager spoke to me. I received 3 chocolate covered strawberries and a "I'm sorry if you thought I was rude note." They offered to give me another service, but as this was the last day of the cruise and I was so appalled by the experience I had, I declined.

We were all a bit disappointed by the entertainment - the 2 shows we saw were only 30 minutes in length, and after being on Royal Caribbean ships and Celebrity Ships, it is obvious that the quality of the shows were not at the level of other ships we have been on.

Overall, we had a nice time, but going forward we will likely not take this ship again. Less

Published 08/19/17

Cabin review: 4A1138 Interior

The cabin was roomy and always clean. Troy, our steward, was excellent! We had 2 rooms and both were constantly maintained.

Read All Interior (4A) Reviews >>

Awful!!! Nothing to do here.
Read 1209 Freeport Reviews

Grand Turk was beautiful - spent the day at Margaritaville and the beach! so much fun.
Read 1715 Grand Turk Reviews

Beautiful Island - had a lot of fun on the beach.

Compare Prices on Carnival Pride Eastern Caribbean Cruises