3. Amsterdam
The staff on the ship was wonderful. Definitely no complaints there. The excursions were fine. We did not like the cabin (1885), as it was right across from the janitor's closet for the room stewards and we heard them going in there and out, all the time. Often it sounded like they were rustling our door to come in. On the other hand it was midship, so the cabin was close to the stairs and elevators. The other issues were 1) On the 6th day, brown water intermittently came out of the faucet. We reported this to the Front Desk who said to let the water run for 10 minutes and they also sent complementary bottles of water to our room. Which we used to brush our teeth and rinse our mouths. We tried the ten minute running of the water on several days thereafter but the intermittent brown water continued the rest of the cruise. We were uneasy about washing our hands with this water but we had no choice. 2) The reception of the TV in the room was spotty at best. This was frustrating, as we like to keep up with the news via TV but often there was no picture. The dinner dining was the highlight of the cruise. OMG those deserts, I gained 4 lbs. The table service was just great. At home I work out a lot, so I went to the gym for at least seven of the 14 days. The gym was just average but on the other hand not very many cruisers used it. I would guess HAL is conflicted on how nice to make a facility that is so rarely used by the cruisers. One big issue with the gym was it was too hot. I worried, as a senior, if working out in that heat would be a strain on my heart. I was always drenched with sweat when I left.

Two Week Cruise to Alaska in July 2017