3. Independence of the Seas
I have just returned from 2/52 on RCI Independence of the Seas. Having taken the same cruise last year I was somewhat disappointed with the number of cutbacks RCI have made. There was no visible maintenance being done to the ship whilst docked or any cleaning of public areas. The drinks packages go from $10 to $23 and then hike up to $69. They have omitted the previous beer package and only supply draft soft drinks and stopped supplying cans. The entertainment was exactly the same I also found a cockroach in my cabin 1669 and the whole room had to be fumigated. I was told that bugs and fruit flies sometimes make it onbaord through the ventilation system. To keep quiet I was offered a free meal in a speciality restaurant onboard, which I declined. I am a regular cruiser but RCI need to do better to receive my custom again.

Cockroach found in cabin 1669

Independence of the Seas Cruise Review by porthcawl

porthcawl’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Independence of the Seas price drops

Cabin not fit for purpose, too small, have a cheek calling it a STATEROOM
  Independence of the Seas Deck Plans