Seabourn Quest Cruise Review

Seabourn Quest Cruise Review by Bobbygregg

• Sail Date: Jun 2017
  • Destination: the Baltic Sea
  • Cabin Type: Veranda Suite

First of all, it was the two week cruise which we got for free because we have 250 plus sail days, and so we picked the most expensive (or one of the most expensive) venue. Secondly, everyone who cruises the fjords of Norway is blown away by the natural beauty, and so were we. Not only was the landscape spectacular, second to what we experienced in Antarctica on the same ship in December/January, but the cities we visited were also quite picturesque. Scandinavia is very civilized and clean.

As usual, the food and service were excellent not just in the dining room but also in the Thomas Keller Grill and in the Colonnade, the nights where there are the Ad Hoc menus. A word of caution with the Grill is to share the entrees because they are, contrary to the servings in the Restaurant, large. The eggplant parmesan is amazing, as are the artichoke, the Caesar salad,), the roast chicken, and the meats. The menu is pretty much fixed, but there are always specials among the entrees and appetizers.

The entertainment is also wonderful, not only the cast, but also the guest artists, with the sole exception of the Norwegian folk lore show, which was dreadful. Usually, I enjoy the local talent, but this time, they had a group of women without much talent or soul. Of note is the spectacular Tim Rice show with familiar and beautiful tunes from his shows.

I always enjoy the gym classes, and this time, the gym instructor from Latvia (Enjis) was in a league of his own by creating workout routines that were amazingly effective in thirty minutes. I lost four more pounds on the trip, all the while eating to my heart's content and consuming wine only at dinner. Assiduously avoiding the elevator at all cost is also key to keeping off the unwanted avoirdupoids. I am continuing with his regimen here on land because it was so effective.

Admittedly, Seabourn is my cruising "drug" of choise, and I have limited exiperience with any other line, its being Regent. What I love about Seabourn is the personal touches, the fact that everyone knows your name a la Cheers, and the international cast of characters that work on the ship, which allows me to keep my languages current.

Bobbygregg's Full Rating Summary

Veranda Suite
Cabin V4 648

I always choose veranda guarantee instead of a specific cabin because then I usually get an upgrade. This time, it was one of the adjoining cabins, which meant we had to be a bit more quiet, because of the door between the suite next door, but no problem. I love being on deck 6 because it is so centrally located, and I like using the hot tub in the front of the ship on six. On the previous trip, we were 608, which is a lot more forward, but that makes no difference even though supposedly, the mroe central, the smoother the ride.

Copenhagen

Since we were berthed far from town and since we had already been to Copenhagen in order to start the trip, we did not do an excursion when we ended and were segueing to the Baltic.

Flam

Unfortunately, there were no spaces left on the train trip through the ship or at the train station because there were four other ships in town. Definitely a wonderful spot, nonetheless. The port of Lofoten is missing from the list; there we did the ship's excrusion to a Viking village, which was very informative.

Alesund

We just did a walk about, and it was beautiful.

Tromso

We did a long walk in town and to the amazing Arctic Chapel.

Honningsvag (North Cape)

We did an excursion to the North Cape and loved it.

Pulpit Rock

Did the local tour boat to the Rock. Gorgeous scenery.

View All 76 Pulpit Rock Reviews
Fish Market (Fiske Torget)

We did shopping with the chef and gorged on delicious and expensive varieties of salmon and moose and reindeer.

View All 13 Fish Market (Fiske Torget) Reviews
Skagen

We just did a long walk to the sunken church. We should have rented bicycles so that we could also have done the meeting of the waters.

Bobbygregg