Pacific Aria Cruise Review

Cross this one off my bucket list

Pacific Aria Cruise Review by Vilagirl

• Sail Date: Jul 2017
  • Destination: the South Pacific

I chose this cruise as I wanted to see some of the places where Australians were in WW2 in PNG.

The price for the cabin was double as I was alone in the cabin lower deck. A close friend who is a constant cruise traveller said the upper decks get looked after much better as they pay more for the trip, like I said I paid double.

Did not get my suitcase, found out three hours later it was being held as alcohol was presumed in it, it was bottle of perfume, I was very unimpressed, carted it back to my cabin.

There were even belongings from previous guest in the cabin when I was unpacking my clothes, had the cabin been cleaned??

So here is the story about my cabin;

aircon did not work when fixed, stayed on cold, back of safe fell off masking tape held it on, shower head fell off-replaced, toilet blocked many times,

l was reprimanded by surly cabin person, another guest told me there was an airlock problem and to run the tap when flushing, decorator cushions vanished on third day maybe staff moved them around because they did not have enough very odd.

In my opinion it seems ongoing maintenance is not a huge priority just fix when broken.

Unfortunately have a bad health issue from the aircon black mucus and blood nose during the trip felt better when upstairs and now have a severe sinus infection and still feel very unwell, no P and O have not contacted me back.

Met a lovely couple from the country and we decided to dine together in the open restaurant. Plenty to choose from breakfast,lunch and dinner. Sadly all meat was very overcooked on the whole. The Mexican,and Indian dishes were oily and too hot, but other veg and poultry dishes very nice. Lunch seemed nicer than dinner. Dinner rolls very nice but choice of bread for toast was white or brown, felt like I was back in the 1960's. No tongs required for rolls as they could spread gastro a throwaway toothpick would be okay

Musical entertainment very good no fault. I only drank one beer a day in The Blue Room, well priced so presume all alcohol was not badly priced.

Duty free prices not bad still cheaper at the airports.

Variety shops on board okay just purchased chocolate and chips.

Staff always cleaning lifts, dining rooms etc. cleanliness very good.

Public areas very up to date.

Cinema good for first couple of days then repeats.

Avoided pool area as always wet and full of screaming kids, they actually had security staff for the children, so did not swim, a separate pool for the adults needed or have hours without children.

Before I finish the Ni Vanuatu staff were a credit to their country always helpful, smiling courteous, well done.

Vilagirl's Full Rating Summary