3. Westerdam
I chose this cruise because I sailed on Holland American before, liked HAL very much. The timing and port of calls fit our schedule and interests. Food on HAL is wonderful, crew are hard working and friendly. Not much on-board activities on this trip but it didn't matter to us because we went on shore every time the ship docked. In fact I think less on-board activities helps bring down the overall price of the cruise, which is better for us. I participated "walk on deck for cause", glad the ship arranged such activity that is close to my heart, and enjoyed it. However the amount of fund raised wasn't announced, or wasn't made aware in a noticeable way. No matter how little the amount raised was, it should be announced because it's inspiring. Over price/cost is another important reason why we chose this cruise. We booked when it was on promotion. Glad we did.

Westerdam 12 nights Mediterranean cruise from Rome to Barcelona

Mary Sun’s Full Rating Summary
Get Holland America Westerdam price drops

Deluxe Ocean-View Verandah Stateroom
Cabin VE 5021
very comfortable. Particularly like the firmness of the bed.
Navigation Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins