3. Westerdam
We choose this cruise because of our past cruise experience with Holland America, ie Alaska cruise 2014, the food was excellent. This particular cruise the food was very good, but not quite the same as the Alaska cruise. The ship was smaller and the entertainment was below our experience from the Alaska cruise. There was no entertainment on our last night, which was quite disappointing. The staff and wait service (dining room) was very good, of notable dinning room staff were 2 servers, Domas (excellent) and Rai (very friendly with great voice), also the room service was quite good, Martin and Sigit, thank you for their great service. All 4 were very pleasant and stood out for us. Overall the crew and staff were friendly and always said good morning or hello. We had a few concerns and one was with the Spa, we found them to not be as helpful and vague at times in their explanations and choices. We won some spa giveaways and found it difficult to use them since the Spa would not honour them on sea days. We won a couples day in the spa and were only able to go for about 1 hour....disappointing! The dining room Maitre de (host) sat us alone one night for dinner without our travelling companions, he sat another couple with our friends for that dinner. When I voiced my concern, one of the supervisors offered us a glass of red wine, it was terrible wine and very little in the glass! Quite disappointing since this was near the end of the cruise and they should of known that we always had a table of 4, for my wife and I and our friends, who we convinced to cruise with us. We had some problems with a few bartenders who were impatient and vague in their explanations of happy hour and drink choices...we ended up purchasing drinks we did not want and they gave us no options for returning them. Again, very disappointing. We did not use any of the ships excursions, we found them over-priced so my wife and I planned our on excursions for each port.

Westerdam Mediterranean Cruise Rome to Barcelona

Westerdam Cruise Review by Mark Ferri

• Sail Date: July 2017
  • Destination: Mediterranean
  • Cabin Type: Deluxe Ocean-View Verandah Stateroom

Overall the crew and staff were friendly and always said good morning or hello.

Mark Ferri’s Full Rating Summary
Get Holland America Westerdam price drops

Deluxe Ocean-View Verandah Stateroom
Cabin VC 5021
Well kept and clean....the carpet was a turn off, seemed old and dirty

Good selection of channels for current news, TV and movies.
Navigation Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins