3. Celestyal Nefeli
This was my wife and I's first cruise. It was a wonderful introduction to cruise life, and we had generally a brilliant time. The ship was easy to get around and felt generally modern. Our cabin was wonderful, we were on the 7th floor surrounded by executive suites. So even though we had a very simple room, we were treated like the special people. Drinks service was wonderful, and we made good connections with both waiters and bar people, by just generally being nice and interested in them. The food was of a decent quality, but after about 5 days, it did start to feel a little samey, so we had a night out for some legit Octopus. I also had concerns over how well cooked some of the meat was at times, however, no one seemed to get ill on the boat, so maybe I wads being overly cautious. Our biggest gripe about dining, was that there was no consistency with the Aegean lounge - this was meant to be the 3-course dining experience, where everyone was meant to be formally dressed. However, there was no consistency to this what so ever. We couldn't figure out if it only applied in the evening, and we believe it only applied to men. We felt a dress code for men and women should be applied, and with 100% consistency. Otherwise, like myself, I feel like I was just being picked on, when other times kids are in their in togs. The entertainment was superb. My wife and I were identified early that we were a good laugh and were often volunteered/dragged up for games. However, we did win two, and the prize was free bubbles, so we didn't mind. The evening show was also excellent, we went to every single one and were wowed by the dancing, circus tricks and general skills of the Cuban dancers. The excursions were a mixed bag, one of ours was heavily influenced by bad water conditions at Santorini. However, we had our full tour, the ship waited and provided dinner to us, even though we were very late. Our excursion to Ephesus was superb though, we had a stunning guide called George, who was utterly hilarious. We may have been slightly weaselled into buying a rug and jewellery at Turkmen Village, and are waiting to have our purchases appraised back in the UK. Overall an amazing experience, seeing islands in a way that would be SO much more hassle to do it individually. We only wish we had more time at a couple of the ports. And that maybe check out wasn't quite so early, but oh well. Would heartily recommend to anyone as a first time cruise experience.

A great first cruise experience

Celestyal Nefeli Cruise Review by mraglover

The ship was easy to get around and felt generally modern.

mraglover’s Full Rating Summary
Get Celestyal Nefeli price drops

Beds were lovely, lights were a wee bit funny. Either too bright or a little dull using the above bed lamps. The air conditioning was very good, turned up to maximum it kept us nice and cold. The service and cleaning of the room every day was of the absolutely highest quality, with brilliant towel animals every day. And they even folded up any clothes left on the beds

The downside was the bathroom, it felt quite old, although the water pressure and heat was good. It was lacking in provided amenities, and the toilet use instructions were contradictory.

Lots of space for luggage and clothes to be unpacked though