3. Pacific Jewel
After over 100 cruises i thought i was all cruised out , and after a very disappointing Emerald Princess cruise in February , i thought that's it for me . BUT , I went on the Pacific Jewel in early June . 8 days to Melanesia . What a fabulous 8 days . Embarkation in Sydney,Circular Quay was very ,very organised . The ship was looking a little tired , but oh so clean & the staff all looked as if they were enjoying having us on board . The food in the Waterfront dining room & the new look Pantry [ buffet ] was 1 st class ,i didn't hear one person complain about any of the food , service or lack of seating. well done to the hotel director & restaurant manager & all the serving staff . My cabin 9201 was the best cabin i have had for a loooooong time , no noise ,vibration or uncleanliness. just perfect . I will be asking for this cabin when i go on the jewel again in sept . The 2 main bars were well attended , staff great , and the entertainment 1st class . The MIX Cocktail bar was a bit disappointing , i usually frequent this bar regulary on other P&O ships , but this ship it was just a counter . 6 stools & a few tables/ chairs in the atrium , surrounded by retail shops & sale tables . like having a drink in a busy shopping centre . All the entertainment was up to standard & above thruout the cruise . Cabin staff on deck 9 were very attentive & conscientious, quiet & thorough, thanks guys . A perfect cruise for me & has triggered my love for cruising again .

I said i wouldn't, but i did go on another P&O

Pacific Jewel Cruise Review by xwelshnowkiwi

BUT , I went on the Pacific Jewel in early June . 8 days to Melanesia .

What a fabulous 8 days .

Embarkation in Sydney,Circular Quay was very ,very organised .

All the entertainment was up to standard & above thruout the cruise .

A perfect cruise for me & has triggered my love for cruising again .
xwelshnowkiwi’s Full Rating Summary
Get P&O Australia Pacific Jewel price drops

absolutely fantastic .will book this cabin over & over again.