• Help Ukrainian Families in Need: World Central Kitchen Donation Match

6-10 Cruises • Age 70s

Value for Money

Sail Date: Jul 2017
Cabin:
Young girl on our cruise is mimicking the sea lion that came to play
Galapagos Island Mockingbird in tree
Galapagos Blue-footed Boobie nest with baby and parent. Photo captured on m

I visited the Galapagos Islands in Oct. of 2012 and it was and awesome trip. I've always wanted to go back. This year, I decided to take my two adult daughters on a cruise. the stars aligned and the July -Aug cruise fell into place for all of us time wise. The girls had a fantastic, jaw-dropping time and said it was best vacation ever.

We shared a cabin for 3, which tho lacking in enough storage drawers, was comfortable and sufficient for the little time we spent there. The food was amazing, lots of choices and specialty foods. One of my daughters is vegan and I eat gluten free. Every meal and snack time, there were dishes especially prepared for both of us. There were others with dietary requirements and all were personally taken care of. Service was A-One. Excursions were amazing and led by very experienced Naturalists. The atmosphere is casual..no dressy dinner clothes needed. The ports were an adventure every excursion with lots of wildlife..flora and fauna to see and experience, like snorkeling among sea lions, sea turtles, marine iguanas, penguins and tropical fish.

Cabin Triple

Two twin beds..very comfortable and a drop down bed creating a 'bunk' above one of the twins. Also, very comfortable, two night stands with drawers, vanity desk with locking drawer, desk chair and small club chair, suitcase storage under the beds, closet with 4 drawers in bottom. Bathroom with vanity sink with storage underneath, and storage shelves above the sink to one side. Commode and shower with shelves, shampoo and body wash dispensers and pull across clothes drying line. There was also laundry service for a fee. Cabin was checked, cleaned and straightened several times a day.

6 Helpful Votes