3. Viking Idi
This was our first river cruise and it did NOT disappoint! Top notch, yet not snooty! Love this about Viking and the small amount of people on board. I chose this cruise based on word of mouth experiences I received from my parents and aunts and uncles. I knew Viking had a high rating for extraordinary service and that is what I was looking for. I also chose this cruise because it fell on special occasion(s): Our 21st wedding anniversary and my 50th birthday! We had never travelled to Switzerland or Germany so this was a must and the Rhine River is so beautiful. I wanted to inhale all the history and see all the beauty. The tours were perfect mix of history, beauty and relaxation all in one package. The guides were superb! We were ready to totally relax. We had never travelled like this before and wanted the best service and quality around. We found this to be more than what we could have even imagined. The staff was truly one of the highlights of our trip. We have never experienced more genuine service; thank you Viking Idi! Artur, Diana, Jocelyn, Igor, Desi, were excellent! The ship was pristine and cabin so accommodating. Viking didn't skip a beat on quality or practicality for travelers from afar. We thoroughly thought the entertainment was superb. It exceeded our expectations. The ports and shore excursions were just the right amount of time and the tour guides were excellent! I was particularly impressed with the food, and I am vegan, but was hoping for vegetarian options. Viking meets any diet needs, and it is tasty. The staff made sure all my needs were met and checked on me daily. Now this is rare and going above and beyond; thank you! We will travel with Viking again and we thank this company from the bottom of our hearts for the service, quality and intimacy provided on this cruise. I savored it for weeks after returning home. A trip of a lifetime with hopes for more in the near future!

Extraordinary experience of a lifetime!

Viking Idi Cruise Review by Sammysul

• Sail Date: May 2017
  • Destination: Europe River
  • Cabin Type: Veranda Stateroom

Sammysul’s Full Rating Summary
Get Viking Idi price drops

Veranda Stateroom
Cabin B 307
Pristine, clean, and able to store all of our stuff in a neat, tidy way. Quality fixtures and shower and comfy bed. Balcony a bit small and was a little disappointed that Viking doubled up with other ships at the ports. No view to sit out on balcony.
Middle Deck Balcony Cabins