3. Norwegian Getaway
I chose this cruise as I had enjoyed a similar itinerary a few years ago and had wanted to come back. Getaway gave me this chance at a reasonable price due to their solo studios. My cabin was what I had expected though the entrance to the studios was well hidden, a set back door well down the main cabins corridor. The lounge was small but comfortable with the usual coffee machine and cookies. I was very surprised and disappointed to find that the solo travellers meeting was not to be held there but at the sugar and spice bar. This meant that the bar in the lounge rarely got used and the group meetings were small, most we had was ten people. The entertainment was enjoyable, I especially liked the Russian Folk dancers as I had to pay to see them last time. I would have enjoyed the dueling pianos as well but for some reason they were attached to speakers which made them too loud for the size of room they were in. The only NCL excursion I did was the river cruise through St Petersburg which I really enjoyed though the day started off badly. We had been told there may be delays getting though immigration so I contacted the shore excursions desk and asked them what time they thought I should get off the ship so as not to miss the coach and the reply I got was "Why don't you read the ticket" apart from the fact it didn't say I was totally taken aback by the rudeness of this answer. This is not the first time that I (and others from comments) have been spoken rudely to by staff in the atrium area, customer services, IT etc on this and other NCL ships. It now makes me wonder who is writing their customer care training package. Still it was a good trip, we had very reasonable weather, the food was good, the bar staff and waiting staff were attentive and friendly so overall I enjoyed myself.

Could have done better

alasdair167’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Getaway price drops

Studio Stateroom
Cabin T1 11511
Nice cabin not too far from the lounge though one floor up. My only fault was that in 9 days my sheets were never changed though I'm sure if I had asked my steward would have done them but she always seemed to be running behind. She did the longest hours just to finish.
Deck 11 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins