3. Norwegian Sky
We decided to book this cruise as our anniversary vacation. The fact that it was "Open Bar" didn't hurt either. Before we left, i read reviews from past passengers and was worried based on what was written. However, it wasn't as bad as i thought. The embarkation was relatively smooth. We arrived by 1100hrs and we were on the ship by 1145 the latest. We went straight to the buffet to grab some lunch, but the Garden Cafe was full, so they ushered us to the Great Outdoor Cafe. The buffet here was much smaller than the inside Garden Cafe, but the food was pretty good. Burgers were cooked perfect, lettuce was fresh and crisp, fries were amazing. However, some of the fruit were not yet ripe so we didn't have them. Drinks were good. One bartender from the Longboard Bar didn't know how to make a drink that was on their menu, which some somewhat odd and surprising. Our cabin, once ready, was perfect. Clean, orderly, and a decent size. However, the bathroom was small. I'm not a big guy, 5'11 195, but i was having a hard time in that shower. Our room steward, who ever he was as we never met or spoke to him, did a good job of keeping our room clean. The TV remote did not work so we left him a note and it was replaced before we returned to our room. Compared to other cruises, the Mandatory Life Boat Drill was quick. I would estimate it took no more than 30 minutes. Once completed, we headed straight to the pool deck and joined in on the Sail Away Party. The cruise staff did an amazing job of getting everyone up and dancing. It truly was a party. We had dinner at the Main Dining Rooms (2 times in Crossings and 1 time in Palace). Both restaurants have the same food, however, i feel the Crossings Restaurant is more Modern. I have read reviews calling the food below standard for Norwegian, or mediocre, however, i found the food very good and flavorful. Yes, I have had better in other NCL cruises, but i would eat there again without complaints. Nassau is our new favorite island. The Tiki Bikini Hut on Junkanoo Beach is amazing. For a fee, you can get 2 beach chairs, an umbrella, unlimited drinks (any type), and an order of food. This is a bargain. I wish the cruise would offer an excursion here, "The Tiki Bikini Hut Beach Break". The water is amazing and crystal clear. Great Stirrup Cay was also amazing. The tender ride from the ship to the island was a little rough, but once you got to the island, you forgot about it. The water, while cold, was transparent and smooth. No rough waves, no currents, just pleasant. The BBQ for lunch was really good. But, something needs to be done about the birds. You look to the left and they will swoop in from the right to take your food. Island is super spacious, chairs everywhere, and bars everywhere. Only major complaint I have on this cruise is the way the drunken adults acted. I was more worried about the younger crowd getting drunk and acting up, but the adults were way worse. They were rude and obnoxious. The night of the Adult comedy, they would scream out and interrupt the comedian. She was fabulous and played along, but it truly was rude an annoying. The actual ship itself, for being older, was well kept. You can see the age in her, but its nothing major. I have seen newer ships in worsen condition than the Sky. The shops are extremely tiny and the options weren't really there. we were extremely disappointed in this aspect. Overall, the cruise was good, for what it was. It definitely lived up to the "Booze Cruise" as it has become known but I would rather go on another cruise and pay for the Ultimate Drinking Package than go on this cruise again.

Anniversary on the Booze Cruise

BBCoach12’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Sky price drops

Family Oceanview Picture Window
Cabin O1 9070
Our original cabin was an inside stateroom, however, we got upgraded to an Ocean view. Room was spacious because it was meant for a family, but there was only 2 of us there. Bathroom was relatively small compared to other cruises. Shower has to be the smallest i have been in. Water temperature would fluctuate; we would set to hot, but cold water would come out. Stateroom was clean and orderly. Unfortunately, we never saw or met our stateroom attendant. TV remote did not work, but was replaced quickly. Overall, stateroom was more than adequate for what we needed.
Norway Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins