3. Viking Sky
My husband and I had experience cruising with Viking on rivers and oceans, so when it came time to celebrate my retirement, they were the obvious choice of cruise line. St. Petersburg was on my bucket list, and the 22 day Barcelona, the Baltic and Beyond itinerary was ideal. We spent three days in Barcelona on our own prior to boarding the Viking Sky and loved every minute of it. Embarkation was effortless. We had access to our cabin right away, and after a quick lunch on board, we ventured back into Barcelona. Excursions throughout the trip were hit or miss; partly my fault in choices made, partly Viking's fault for what felt like first time excursions that were not without hiccups. However, St. Petersburg, which was the most important to me, was flawless. We chose the two day "ultimate" excursion in order to see as much as possible. Our guide for the two days was better than excellent. Viking was able to provide early access to the Hermitage Museum and to Catherine's Palace, which meant we had the opportunity to experience both of these wonderful locales without throngs of tourists typically present. On board entertainment was good - not fabulous - but appropriate for the audience and cruise itinerary. The enrichment sessions were well scheduled to address a variety of interests. The common areas on the ship are plentiful. We were very comfortable in our cabin (Penthouse Junior Suite), but if we wanted to be out of it, there are a variety of places to sit and enjoy conversation with other passengers, or just quiet time. Meals were inconsistent. The World Buffet and the Chef's Table were always good. Manfredi's and The Restaurant had a few off nights. Room service was efficient for early morning excursions and quick dinners when going back into the city. Service is the number one reason to choose Viking. Everyone - and I mean everyone - is always pleasant and accommodating. All in all, I would still be on board that ship if I could!

Barcelona, the Baltic and Beyond

Viking Sky Cruise Review by Kghuff

All in all, I would still be on board that ship if I could!
Kghuff’s Full Rating Summary
Get Viking Sky price drops

Great space. Storage is ample, the amenities are first class. Cabin stewards were friendly and responsive.