3. Azamara Journey
We took our first Azamara cruise in March of 2016 on Quest, on it's last voyage before going into drydock to be refurbished. Because of inconveniences (!!) and the itinerary having been shortened, the company compensated us and also offered incentives for a future cruise. Thanks offer was hard to resist so we chose this itinerary, which fit our schedule. The Journey's overhaul made huge improvements appearance the worn appearance we'd seen on her sister ship. Still, no amount of new carpet and furniture can make stateroom bathrooms larger or add much-needed storage. We found the meals on Journey better overall than we'd had on Quest. However, an alarming incident in Windows buffet at lunch on the second day ruined my appetite for some of the food their for the rest of the cruise. At the carving station a whole turkey had been sliced open, and it was found to be very red, so it was taken away. The server told people another turkey would be out soon, that he had called his manager. But to my horror the new turkey was placed on the carving board before the old board, covered in the red juices from the raw bird, was removed. The server proceeded to carve and serve as if nothing were wrong. I flagged down the dining g room manager and quietly told him what had happened. He was very concerned and left to see about it. I also had a burned burger in The Patio, topped with what I can only describe as artificial cheese. On the other hand there were excellent soups and delicious steaks. Since I'm not that fond of desserts on ships, I enjoyed the excellent fresh fruit plates. We enjoyed the excursions we took from the ship. Coming and going was a pleasure, as the security staff were always pleasant and professional. I'm not quite sure why Azamara ships so often moor in industrial port areas, far from city centers. We're not sure if we'll continue sailing with this company. I know there are Azamara loyalists as there are with all lines, but we're not there- at least, not yet.

Nice cruise

Cabin V2 7079
Not enough storage
Tiny bathroom
Extremely small shower
Leak under sink required repair twice
Lack of space between foot of bed and TV on wall caused my husband to bump into it
Cabin attendant staff were very attentive and professional (Hilda and Rey)
Deck 7 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins