3. Norwegian Sky
My family and I are silver latitude members on NCL and we chose this cruise for several reasons 1) we really like NCL 2) because it was the only one going to Cuba and 3) my husband and I were celebrating our 17th wedding anniversary on July 3rd and we always book vacations during that time of the year. Of all the cruises we've taken on NCL this was the worst one. When booking this cruise with an NCL agent back in March 2017, I was not told this was one of their oldest ships (1999) and not fully renovated. I booked a forward facing penthouse suite (Room #S-8002) with a butler and concierge and our 24 year old son was also supposed to join us. The room we got was far from a penthouse suite, it was more like large balcony suite and I was told that the room we had was one of the two best rooms on the ship, however, the pictures that are posted on the NCL site for the room I booked and other "higher end" rooms, are not the same rooms on the ship - completely false advertising. My suite was old with wooden panels, had a jacuzzi tub in the bathroom that did not work, the knobs on the tub were filthy with mold and nasty green sludge, a piece of duct tape was holding the top of closet up so it would not open at random. The guests who took this cruise prior to the July 3rd date, were celebrities and apparently they were allowed to break all the rules and smoke in the rooms. I suffer from chronic migraines and therefore I suffered the entire week with massive headaches from the strong smell of the cigars that were smoked in my suite. I had to ask our housekeeper to change the sheets the first day before we even slept on them. Also the on boarding process was a completely disorganized and we did not receive our luggage until 7:30pm that evening which meant I had to push back our dinner reservations at one of the specialty restaurants that I paid extra for because we could not even take a shower and change our clothes due to our luggage arriving so late to our room. I constantly complained at the front desk, asked to speak to the hotel manager on board but was denied and reverted back to my concierge who really did not help much. The food in the speciality dining restaurants was good with the exception of the French restaurant, Le Bistro, however the food in the main dining room was awful - the worst that I've ever had on an NCL cruise. My son was unfortunately not able to join us on this vacation at the last minute due to the fact that there was a tragic shooting at the medical facility he works at a few days prior to the cruise and his superiors then revoked everyone's scheduled time off because all hands on deck were needed. I explained that to the NCL rep when I called 3 days prior to the cruise but was told no refunds would be issued until after we arrive back home and I was told to contact the Guest Relations Desk to make them aware of my complaints and the fact that my son could not/did not join us, which I did on July 8th, however, it's been over a month and I am still waiting to hear back from them. This trip cost us $6500 and was not worth it at all. I'm mostly upset about the fact that I feel NCL falsely advertised their rooms by placing photos of suites that are from another upgraded ship on their site for the Sky, the food was awful, they have yet to address my issues about the cigar smoke in the suite, the disgusting condition of bathroom in the suite and the fact that they are not taking into consideration the tragic shooting at my son's work place that is not being taken in to consideration. I would like a refund of my $6500 because honestly, after this experience with NCL, I'm not sure I will book another vacation with them again especially because of the way they are handling my issues - which is very unprofessionally. Do yourself a favor, do not book a trip on The Sky - choose another cruise line!

Worst Cruise I've Ever Taken on NCL

Patty G’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Sky price drops

Penthouse with Large Balcony
Cabin SF 8002
Cabin was awful. Reeked of cigar smoke, was not a penthouse suite as advertised - was more like a large balcony suite, it was extremely old (1999) but yet advertised as a fully renovated penthouse suite and ship in general. The jacuzzi tub was old and broken, and the knobs on the tub were moldy and filled with nasty green sludge.
Fjord Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins

• Great Stirrup Cay
    Our concierge allegedly booked the $35 clamshell for us, however once we got to the beach, we discovered he did not book it but luckily we were able to reserve one anyway. The food that was offered for lunch on the beach was limited (tacos which not everyone eats) and the only drinks offered were alcoholic ones, no tap water, juice or soft drinks.
    View All 12,792 Great Stirrup Cay Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Great Stirrup Cay Cruise Port Review
  • Havana
    Tour of cars was overpriced. No water or refreshments were provided for the $289 for the 3 hour tour. The cars were classics but extremely old and some without AC. They also stopped at a cemetery to show off the actual stones that were part of the burial cites but I felt that was a bit disrespectful and it was extremely hot - to the point where some people almost passed out but they continued on with the walking tour. Not worth the money at all nor what I expected.
    View All 12,792 Havana Cruise Port Reviews