3. Brilliance of the Seas
I love this ship! The layout is great, it is easy to find everything, it never feels crowded even when full and it has been well kept. However, it is showing it's age a bit in small ways and there just is not as much for kids to do on this ship as on the other (larger) ones. You can't have it all though and this ship hit perfectly on most points. I will say that the food on this ship is better quality than on others. They have a great cheese selection and more choices from all over the world. We ate in the Windjammer every meal and all parties, ages 10-49, were happy. The people working on this ship also just seem happier to be there and more helpful than on some other ships we have been on but maybe that was because I was so happy the entire time I was on her. The ports of call were simply stunning! It was a super vacation!

I want to give it 5 stars but it has a few small issues so 4 it is.

Brilliance of the Seas Cruise Review by Momoftwobwzmandm

Momoftwobwzmandm’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Brilliance of the Seas price drops

Loved this cabin! I have to admit that this was an upgrade that the ship gave me. I know, I hit the lottery! It is described as an obstructed view because the window washing ladder is between this room and the one next to it but the ladder never obstructed any view for me and the big thing is that the balcony on this room is significantly larger! You can ask to have an extra chair put out there for you. It could accommodate a lounge chair but I did not have one. The room itself is like any other in this category. Regarding the location, it is extremely quiet as it is the last on one that side of the ship and far from all the noise but it is a LONG walk. I would happily choose this room again.
  Brilliance of the Seas Deck Plans

• Temple of Poseidon
    It is a long ride out to the Temple of Poseidon but do not let that deter you. It is spectacular! GO!!
    View All 38 Temple of Poseidon Reviews
  • Barcelona
    This city is rather dirty and did not wow us other than the work of Goudi and the Sagrada Familia. Those exceptions were pretty amazing though!
    View All 2,289 Barcelona Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Barcelona Cruise Port Review
  • Cannes
    Ingrid, who owns the company, was simply amazing! Check her out on Trip Advisor. She showed us Nice, Monaco, Eze and we even went on a picnic with items we purchased in Nice. It was spectacular!
    View All 13,779 Cannes Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Cannes Cruise Port Review
  • La Spezia (Cinque Terre)
    I absolutely loved this day on a private sail boat but the reason I gave it 4 stars is that Cinque Terre is just so crowded. It is nearly impossible to walk around and it just takes the beauty out of it. From the water, however, this is spectacular.
    View All 301 La Spezia (Cinque Terre) Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's La Spezia (Cinque Terre) Cruise Port Review
  • Malta (Valletta)
    This island is the prettiest one we pulled into. The waters are ridiculously beautiful and the buildings are incredible to look it. The rib charter was so much fun and great for the kids. I was surprised to find that there were very few fish in the sea but MANY jellyfish. Our boat driver was very nice and we had a great day but he was a smoker and did so in front of the children. He also was plagued with phone calls all morning and was on the phone nonstop until lunch. Other than that though, the day was truly wonderful!
    View All 13,779 Malta (Valletta) Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Malta (Valletta) Cruise Port Review
  • Mykonos
    This company is family owned and operated and it shows! They are wonderful! It was too windy for us to kayak so they planned a day just for us with hiking, snorkeling at the beach, eating fresh sea urchin, visit to a family church and best of all, a visit to an 86 year old man's incredible farm with everything from plums, grapes and figs to sheep and pigs. We had a lunch prepared by the mom accompanied by traditional music played by the farmer and wine hand made from his grapes. IT WAS AMAZING!!
    View All 13,779 Mykonos Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Mykonos Cruise Port Review
  • Santorini
    Panos is simply one of the nicest, most polite, knowledgeable and kind men I have met in my travels. The tour of the Caldera on his boat, Alex, was spectacular. We had a private trip into the real hot springs, not the tourist version with boats crammed with people. He also prepared an amazing lunch for us on the boat while we snorkeled and enjoyed the beautiful waters. Finally, he arranged for a transfer to Oai which was just beautiful. We even rode the donkeys back down! This island is spectacular.
    View All 13,779 Santorini Cruise Port Reviews