3. Norwegian Gem
We booked only 3 weeks before sail date. Having taken the Gem only last year, and loved it, I was confident we would be well taken care of. NOT. I have to agree with Gilmore. Something was off. This was confirmed by our fellow shipmates. The only bartender that ever smiled was at the Champagne Bar. The two complimentary restaurants had the same menus every night. One night I had the fried chicken dinner. Leg and thigh were delicious, just to find that the breast was a frozen chicken patty, which Burger King sells a better one. Entertainment was eh. Painfully sat through Swing. Should have been named Scat. Didn't go to other shows on recommendations of other passengers. We went to the piano bar and sat through sets of endless personal dribble from the singers. Really don't want to hear about your sad life. Just play your music. Service overall was sub par. There were those exceptions, but they were few and far between. We're normally big tippers above and beyond our pre-paid gratuities. NO ONE got a tip on this trip. The only excursion we took was the Taste of Bar Harbour. Excellent. Tip: Book it privately through their site. Costs half of what NCL charges.

This was a quick getaway for my husband and I.

Norwegian Gem Cruise Review by ccgal6

• Sail Date: June 2017
  • Destination: Canada & New England
  • Cabin Type: Mid-Ship Mini-Suite with Balcony

ccgal6’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Gem price drops

Mid-Ship Mini-Suite with Balcony
Cabin MA 11040
The steward never introduced himself. Found out his name when I checked my account on the tv. The cabin was ok. Not spotless like we're used to. Liked getting those little mints each night? Well, they're gone. So are the shower caps.
Deck 11 Inside Cabins, Suite Cabins