Celebrity Constellation Cruise Review

Celebrity Constellation Cruise Review by SMarcia

• Sail Date: Jun 2017
  • Destination: the Eastern Mediterranean
  • Cabin Type: Deluxe Ocean View with Balcony 2A

We had excellent experiences on two previous Celebrity Equinox sailings, but our last experience on the Constellation was not good. I no longer believe this is a premium cruiseline as advertised. Here are the problems we had:

1. No water in our stateroom on two separate days--took over an hour or two to fix. When I put this in my evaluation and talked with the Captain's Club representative--Celebrity's version of customer service and complaint department. Don't bother. I was told no report was on file from maintenance on the ship. Cover-up? Other staterooms had no water either....

2. This is hard to believe, but at four different bars men were repeatedly served before women--even though women were seated first.

3. Embarkation was tedious, slow, and hot.

4. Disembarkation was a mess. The rep at Celebrity tried to tell me it was the fault of the local pier workers, but it was the Comstellation staff directing people to one deck and then changing disembarkation to another deck--over an over. This was for the independent walk -off passengers hauling their own luggage. I had great difficulty finding the deck holding a package for me. I had to chase after a ship officer to find the package because the deck was covered with disgruntled and confused passengers.

5. We never seemed to have enough shampoo in our stateroom.

6. On 2 out of 3 cruises with Celebrity a port destination has been dropped after booking. I was compensated well a few years ago but not this time--even after these other complaints. I have been told about how Celebrity cares about my business--but only told.

7. After booking a shore excursion by telephoning an agent, there was no reservation when we boarded the ship. And, the excursion was by then full. I was told at the shore excursion desk that Celebrity could not be responsible for the agents on land. What?

8. Our shore excursion to Pompeii and Mt. Vesuvius was terrible. The speakers didn't work well and would not stay in anyone's ear. The guide was difficult to understand and didn't tell any of the great stories about Pompeii--or maybe she did and we just couldn't hear them. This was our third visit to Pompeii--and our worst.

Will I cruise with Celebrity again? NO--because I don't trust them. Unfortunately, I had already booked another cruise with them in January 2018, and I am regretting it now. I will lose my insurance money and airfares if I cancel. Perhaps I would feel differently if they would have thrown some sort of compensation at me. I have already booked a family trip of 4 staterooms with Princess--no more Celebrity for us. I have spent hours in returning evaluations and conversations, but no one really cares about my future business or their reputation. This is not as much about the problems on the Constellation as a result of being treated as if I deserve no compensation. It would have been an easy fix.

SMarcia's Full Rating Summary

Deluxe Ocean View with Balcony 2A

Cabin and service were ok.

Koper

We used Viator to take us to the caves and to the castle because Celebrity offered only the caves.

Pompeii Walking Tour

Poor headphones and a boring guide with unclear diction

View All 505 Pompeii Walking Tour Reviews

We could have spent more time in Taormina, but we were limited to 3 hours only--not enough to use the funicular to go to the beach--disappointing.

View All undefined undefined Reviews