• Cheers to 25 years: Celebrate with Us!
  • Find a Cruise

NowRedacted
First Time Cruiser • Age 80s

Sail Date: Jan 2017
Cabin:

I had never been on a Ocean cruise. More than that, I did not want to go on a Ocean cruise. You see, I get seasick. Not just "seasick" but "stay in the cabin in misery" seasick. But I had been on many of Viking's river cruises and I know them to be first class. And, my wife wanted to go on a cruise. So I said O.K. if I'm going, it's going to be good, someplace that I've never been. Barcelona, I've never been there. So we booked the 7 day Romantic Mediterranean, now called the Iconic Western Mediterranean. Barcelona to Rome. I can tell you that it was as easy as it gets. The flights that Viking arranged were perfect and the transportation to the ship was smooth and easy.

The ship, the Viking Sea was far better than I had imagined in all respects from the food, cabin, dining and entertainment. Shore excursions were well thought out and planned with ample free time to explore on our own.

The service was excellent from the wait staff, couldn't be any better. The food was very diverse and of excellent quality. Reservations at the specialty restaurants were easy and the food was great. We were there for "Lobster Night" which I understand is the second night of your cruise.

Cabin DV5- Free upgrade

Very nice. We had everything we needed and the wireless internet worked very well. Water, snacks and coffee were replenished daily and the cabin was spotless.

2 Helpful Votes