Viking Sea Cruise Review

As good as it gets!

Viking Sea Cruise Review by NowRedacted

• Sail Date: Jan 2017
  • Destination: the Western Mediterranean

I had never been on a Ocean cruise. More than that, I did not want to go on a Ocean cruise. You see, I get seasick. Not just "seasick" but "stay in the cabin in misery" seasick. But I had been on many of Viking's river cruises and I know them to be first class. And, my wife wanted to go on a cruise. So I said O.K. if I'm going, it's going to be good, someplace that I've never been. Barcelona, I've never been there. So we booked the 7 day Romantic Mediterranean, now called the Iconic Western Mediterranean. Barcelona to Rome. I can tell you that it was as easy as it gets. The flights that Viking arranged were perfect and the transportation to the ship was smooth and easy.

The ship, the Viking Sea was far better than I had imagined in all respects from the food, cabin, dining and entertainment. Shore excursions were well thought out and planned with ample free time to explore on our own.

The service was excellent from the wait staff, couldn't be any better. The food was very diverse and of excellent quality. Reservations at the specialty restaurants were easy and the food was great. We were there for "Lobster Night" which I understand is the second night of your cruise.

Watched a movie, listened to the band and watched the Ocean go by. All in all a very pleasant experience.

My cabin DV5 - Perfect! We had book a Veranda which was a lower class and Viking upgraded us prior to sailing.

I've booked the next one already and by the way, I didn't get seasick!

NowRedacted's Full Rating Summary

Cabin DV5- Free upgrade 4108

Very nice. We had everything we needed and the wireless internet worked very well. Water, snacks and coffee were replenished daily and the cabin was spotless.

Saint Nicholas Cathedral

Very Nice

View All 0 Saint Nicholas Cathedral Reviews
Florence & Pisa Tour

Perfect day and well planned.

View All 274 Florence & Pisa Tour Reviews
City Tour

Too short, wanted to see more.

View All 349 City Tour Reviews