3. Marella Dream
After having travelled on other ships we were persuaded by friends to try the Thomson Dream, we are pleased we did. From embarking at Corfu we found the staff to be very attentive as my husband struggled to carry our bags a young man helped us and we found our bags outside our cabin door. That night we ate in the buffet style dining room as we could not be bothered to get dressed up on our first night. After eating we sat and had a quiet drink and then walked to the theatre named the Broadway Lounge. This theatre looked grand compared to some we have visited in the past. Myself and my husband do have a passion for shows and like to travel to the West End at least once a month to watch professional shows. However, after reading recent reports on here of how 'low' the entertainment team perform I must say I completely disagree. The dancers, particularly the three small female dancers were exceptional and their performance skills were excellent. The only 'low' point for myself was that the show was not long enough. We did not attend the sail away party as we were so tired from our traveling. On return to our cabin our steward had already been in and pulled the sheets back and placed chocolates on each pillow. Our cabin was on the 8th deck and was an outside plus. It was spacious and clean but we had been in bigger cabins with previous ships. Over the next few days we explored some beautiful ports such as Rhodes, Santorini and Kefalonia but we did struggle with the heat but we shouldn't really complain of this. Rhodes was my favourite as it had some glorious buildings in the Old Town and we both felt that Thomsons gave us enough time to explore off the ship. The food was excellent and we spent the majority of the time eating breakfast in Sirons and the waiter served dining room each night. The foods each time were hot, creative and devine with the portions being small but adequate. The waiters were very kind and helpful and we got to know a few and they welcomed us each night to our table. Again we watched the entertainment all week in the theatre and although I said earlier the three girls were exceptional I did feel that the singers were too, the only weakness for me were the male dancers who could not lift the girls correctly or had the technique needed throughout the dances. My favourite shows were Africa and Moulon Rouge as I loved watching these three small girls dance especially the little blond girl who danced Roxanne, splendid!!!! However, my husband preferred the singing shows such as the cabaret ones. One of the boy singers we got speaking to during our stay and he was telling us how many weeks of rehearsing goes into these shows and how many shows they have to learn, when listening to them they sound very professional and need applauding. When he was speaking of the team it was interesting to know that two of the girls are sisters which when he pointed them out to me I would never have guessed!! We watched a group of them singing one night in the big lounge and again we were impressed. Although we are elderly many of the guests got up to dance and looked like they were having an amazing time. Again we evidence this on another night when a very small dark girl sang by herself, she may be tiny but she had a powerful voice and the guests were again dancing on the dance floor in front of her. With the food, the cabins and the entertainment excelling through our stay we have decided to rebook on this lovely ship for New Year and I cannot contain my excitement. Thank you everyone for allowing me to make some special memories with my dearest husband.

Cannot wait to return!!!

Marella Dream Cruise Review by Aud1936

• Sail Date: July 2017
  • Destination: Greece

Aud1936’s Full Rating Summary
Get Marella Dream price drops

Clean and big enough for what we needed.
  Marella Dream Deck Plans