3. Viking Baldur
It was our first cruise and it was wonderful. The ship amenities, the crew and the hospitality people couldn't have been nicer or more helpful. They even helped me find flowers ashore for my wife for Mothers' Day. The only fly in the ointment was that there were two elderly spinster sisters in our adjoining cabin, and both had what the other passengers eventually called "kennel cough", a constant hacking cough. The eldest seldom left the cabin, but her sister did, ate all of her meals in the dining room, went on shoreside tours and mingled with the other passengers. The cold or flu or whatever it was swept through the passengers and it bacame pervasive. My wife caught it, got very ill, and had to have her meals brought to her by me in our cabin for three days. One thing to remember is that when you switch continents you are exposed to a new set of germs that you probably have no built-up immunity to. It is wise to bring an emergency supply of things like DayQuil and NiQuil, Benedryl for possible allergies, etc. My wife is Celiac and can't eat any wheat. Our Maitre'd Slavomir was very solicitous of her welfare, and found us at breakfast each day with a copy of the day's menu, which he then went over with her in detail, in many cases pointing out that the Chef could make substitutions or do special preparations for her. He made our cruise on Viking much more pleasurable.

Wonderful...

Kinnison’s Full Rating Summary
Get Viking Baldur price drops

Veranda Stateroom
Cabin B 315
Well-designed, and our cabin steward kept it immaculate.
Middle Deck Balcony Cabins