3. American Spirit
This cruise was great. The small ship lent itself to stopping when a bear was spotted, getting closer to the glaciers than a larger ship would be able to do.The cabin was quite large, the bed comfortable, and the bathroom roomy. The food was out of this world. The chef even cooked a salmon caught by a family member for our dinner! The entertainment is strongly lacking--enough so that I can't honestly recommend this cruise line to my friends under 70. Not enough fun entertainment after dinner. The lecturer, while knowledgeable, needed to be only in the afternoon, not afternoon after afternoon, and then evening, too. The service was top notch in every department. The ports were as good as could be with what towns were available.The beginning of my cruise did not go well. No one informed me that I was to meet at a hotel lobby, rather than on the ship, to go on a pre-cruise glacial tour so I missed it.All 8 in my party missed it. Disappointing.

Smaller ships are the way to cruise!

American Spirit Cruise Review by pianozanne

• Sail Date: July 2017
  • Destination: Alaska
  • Cabin Type: Cabin AA
pianozanne’s Full Rating Summary
Get American Spirit price drops

Cabin AA
Cabin AA 205
Liked being on the same floor where the cruisers would meet for cocktail hour or nightly events.
  American Spirit Deck Plans