3. Magellan
About us. We are a mid aged couple and quite new to cruising this being our third cruise. We always read the reviews so it's important to write our own, sorry if it's long but I like to try and include as much info as I can and include details I have not seen on other reviews. I am experienced at writing reviews and it's what I do when I go away and I use another site for hotels rather than this cruise site. THE SHIP It was built in 1985 but it has been updated. OUR ROOM We we in room 6197 so please don't think all rooms are like this. If you look at the ships plan it's the biggest room on the ship but it's a inside cabin. I think it's intended for family's as it's a suite. Who needs a widow when you have two rooms and wardrobe's. The room was just as expected, it was a little dark for me and I would of preferred brighter lights. I take a torch on all holidays and this was needed for me to arrange my hair. RESTAURANT We were booked into the Waldorf and the early sitting which suited us. We had dinner then watched the entertainment. The dinner menu was five courses if you wanted them all. We could not fault the restaurant the staff and food were great. One tip is to ask not to sit in the booth type seating this was far too tight for us to fit between the table and chair. The round tables are much better, we chose to seat with other guests. Seating as a couple is an option but we loved chatting to other guests. BARS All are great, we had the all inclusive drinks package which cost £17 and for us this was great value. I do not drink that much but for me the non alcoholic beer was just tight. SWIMMING POOL On the cruise we were on we were told the pools were out of use as we had no cruise days. I hope I can add the photo to show how poor the pool was when we go on the ship. It was cleaned the next day but this was poor of them to leave the pool in such a poor state. The two jacuzzi's were bubbling away but not heated. Such a shame we would of used the pools and jacuzzi's. STAFF Friendly enough but the poor English was an issue, many things were lost in transaction. ENTERTAINMENT Some of the entertainment is dia but mostly we thought it was ok. You have to take in account its not a big ship so has not the budget of a big ship. Often the entertainment in the tavern was fun.

Great ship with some annoying bits.

Magellan Cruise Review by chris and mark brighton

About us.

THE SHIP

It was built in 1985 but it has been updated.

OUR ROOM