3. Viking Sky
My husband spotted this itinerary about a year and a half before we sailed and it was hard to wait. The ship was new and clean and spacious - it never felt crowded (except sometimes a little when we went from the Star Theater to The Restaurant. Our cabin was pretty spacious and well appointed. Our steward was fabulous and took very good care of us. He and the entire crew anticipated what we needed or wanted before we did! The food was delicious and there were plenty of choices. We enjoyed Manfredis a few times and The Kitchen Table once. Both were excellent. The only thing we didn't like about The Restaurant was getting seated near the kitchen. It was disruptive. I really appreciated having the gym on the ship. I worked out several days and that made me feel good. I have a regular exercise program at home. The entertainment and activities kept us engaged. My husband really enjoyed the lectures. The service was fabulous! As I said before the entire crew anticipated what we needed or wanted and provided it before we knew we needed it! The ports were great, but we were sorry we had to sail by Porto without seeing it due to rough seas. St Petersburg was especially wonderful. The included excursions were good, but most were sort of cookie cutter in that they were all basically windshield tours of the city. Chartering the train to Berlin was brilliant and you should think about doing the same thing for the trip to Paris (we didn't go on that because we did Paris and the Heart of Normandy in Aug 2015). Some friends went with us and were totally blown away. It was great not being photographed or nickled and dimed at every turn or having casinos on board.

Better than I dreamed it would be

Viking Sky Cruise Review by kcarretti

kcarretti’s Full Rating Summary
Get Viking Sky price drops

The cabin was clean and sleek. It was pretty spacious. The bed was very comfortable. We liked having the veranda. There was a column that protruded into the space that we restricted movement a little.