Viking Sky Cruise Review

Barcelona to Rome

Viking Sky Cruise Review by lprzywara

• Sail Date: Mar 2017
  • Destination: the Western Mediterranean

Everything was perfect! I have visited Barcelona in the past but not recently. I wish we had had more time there since there is so much to see. We'll have to return again to stay a while.

The Viking Sky is an impressive vessel. I enjoyed it much more than Royal Caribbean's monsters. By having several dining venues, we tried them all to our advantage. The meals were tasty, filling, and the additional advantage of having a beer or glass of wine was similar to that we have encountered on the Viking River Cruises. Actually, I wish Viking would have add river cruises in North America. There are two American companies of which I am aware, but I would prefer to go with Viking if this becomes a reality.

We couldn't get into one port, so we took a bus to Monte Carlo, which I like very much and my husband had never visited. We entered the Casino and had lunch at the Cafe de Monte Carlo to the Casino's left. Since it was my husband's first visit to Monte Carlo, he wanted to spurge. We order 6 escargots each and a glass of wine for the grand total of almost $35.00.

lprzywara's Full Rating Summary

Don't remember cabin number or category, but it was lower deck. and fine!

Toulon

Toulon is not an interesting port. I would have preferred a different port in France.

Scenic Drive

Very interesting since I hadn't been thee for a while, and it was my husband's first visit.

View All 17 Scenic Drive Reviews
City Tour

The tour of Ajaccio was interesting.

View All 21 City Tour Reviews
Florence (Livorno)

Florence is a beautiful city. We had lunch there.

City Tour

having just spent 8 nights in Rome at a B&B, the tour was not as interesting as what we had done on our own in September, 2016, followed by an eastern Mediterranean Viking river boat cruise.

View All 349 City Tour Reviews