Inspiration Cruise with Dr. Charles Stanley. Everything about the cruise was excellent. Good food and excellent service. We had an inside larger room. There was an outbreak of norovirus (stomach flu) which was handled very well by the staff. Extra cleaning and food handling precautions kept it from spreading. We didn't sign up for any shore excursions through Holland America as they were too expensive. We ended up doing several excursions by purchasing direct from the providers at about 2/3 of the cost. In other words, pay more for the convenience of booking through the cruise line or save money by arranging them yourself. We took our chances and most (but not all) of the excursions we wanted to do were available right from the pier. Some were exclusive to the cruise line. If I had to be critical, the brown water they call ice tea left much to be desired. It doesn't taste like tea at all. Maybe it's designed to be just "brown water." In fact, the carton I saw from Nestle said it was a "beverage base" not tea. Perhaps tea was supposed to be added to it for flavor but was not. I don't know. It tasted just like water: no taste.

Excellent Cruise Experience

Eurodam Cruise Review by jotis

• Sail Date: July 2017
  • Destination: Alaska
  • Cabin Type: Interior Stateroom
Inspiration Cruise with Dr. Charles Stanley.

jotis’s Full Rating Summary
Get Holland America Eurodam price drops

Interior Stateroom
Cabin K 1037
Cabin was plenty big for my wife and I. Cabin steward did an excellent job of servicing the room each day. The only thing I noticed which could have been better was the couch, which was a fold-out bed. Part of the top was peeling away and didn't look all that good. Otherwise, the accommodations and cabin service were great.
Upper Verandah Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins