3. Carnival Sunshine
We departed from Manhattan which was great, since we live in NY. Embarkation was a little over an hour from dropping off my bags, getting room keys, and actually getting onboard. The ship was great! We loved the staff and our cruise director Emma was hilarious and full of energy. They had plenty of activities onboard to entertain you everyday. Once we got to our first port, Old San Juan, it was pitiful! Everything was closed! The restaurant we hit was an hour and a half to be seated. Would not go back to this destination! St. Thomas was absolutely beautiful! The excursion was a bit over priced and my next time on this island no excursion for me! I'd rather grab a taxi and go at it without excursions. Grand Turk was another pitiful destination. Once off " Carnival" grounds there was nothing! Bohio beach is worth the drive because it was less crowded. I traveled with 2 children, ages 7 & 9. They loved the beaches and all of the iguanas, donkeys, and chickens running lose. Our room ,balcony 7290, was spacious and our steward opened the attached door on the patio since we were traveling with the people in the room next door. The ceings were great for magnets to hange clothes to dry or crafts that the children made at the camp. My kids loved going to camp each day and enjoyed the crafts they made each day. The serenity decks were fantastic, although the pools were way too small. Alchemy Bar was by far the best place for a drink. All ingredients were fresh and they offered a unique variety of yummy drinks. The wine to dine deal was worth it since they give you the wine you didn't drink on your last day. You could also take the opened bottles back to your room. Over all our ship experience was fantastic and I would travel with carnival again for sure!

First Time Cruisers

Carnival Sunshine Cruise Review by Jojo9

The serenity decks were fantastic, although the pools were way too small.

Jojo9’s Full Rating Summary
Ages 7 to 9
Get Carnival Sunshine price drops

• Coral World Tour
    Very small but Coki beach was awesome. Swimming with the fishes and for $10 rent snorkels and fins for as long as you like. It was a great deal although not included with the excursion. $10 a lounge chair, also not included in excursion. Spend an hour at coral world and the rest of the time at the beach. Would not do this excursion again.
    View All 75 Coral World Tour Reviews