3. Ruby Princess
My wife and I cruise. She's a Platinum level on Princess although we do other cruise lines. Shocked at Princess. Just shocked. There have always been extras that could be paid for on Princess ships (and we have) on top of the included ship experience. It has been over a year since my last Cruise. When I departed on the Ruby Princess from Rome I was in shock. Where did the value for my ticket go? Is anything complementary? Sure there's a buffet where you can get a taco each day and yes, tap water is free, as is a sad cup of coffee. There is sit down dining with a menu that has been reduced to the size of a cocktail napkin. Dining service? Sad. Kind of like they know gratuities are automatically added at the end of the cruise. Hey guess what, they are! Juice? Charge. Milk? Charge? Decent food? Book a specialty restaurant and get gouged on drinks. Princess selected ports are the worst. Btw, Princess changed three of the ports between the time I paid and the cruise date. I can only summarize Princess gets a kickback from the port and/or local business - no other sane person would stop at some of their port selections. Then there was the entertainment. Acts in the open areas were "okay" but the Princess Theatre acts were something out of a highschool drama club. Better to sit in my cabin and watch tv. On a positive note, cabins were clean and out cabin stewards are great. The other positive was leaving captivity. What the heck Princess. You took all the fun and value out of your ship. Never again. From Platinum member to ex-customer. Mission accomplished Princess. My own mission is to let my Travel Agent, friends and anyone that will listen to avoid your cruise line. Shameful.

Wow. What the Hell, Princess?

Ruby Princess Cruise Review by laidbacktraveler

• Sail Date: June 2017
  • Destination: Alaska
  • Cabin Type: Interior

laidbacktraveler’s Full Rating Summary
Get Ruby Princess price drops

Interior
Cabin IC
Clean rooms and pleasant staff.
Lido Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins