3. Carnival Sensation
This was my second cruise on Carnival - the first being in 1999.(However, I've cruised 13 other times so I'm not a newby to crusing.) Our cruise group included 29 ladies from the Warner Robins, Ga. area. My part of the group left Warner Robins on Wed., Sept. 30 and stayed at the Raddison. Great room, great bar service, and great shuttle to the ship. We got to the port about 10:30. Embarkation was quick and easy. We were in group 4. I really liked the fact that the picture taking was optional. We entered on Deck 7 and went straight to Guest Services which is located there to separate our charges. No line. It took all of 5 minutes at the most and we were good to go. The staff at Guest Services were friendly and efficient. We then headed to the Lido deck for lunch, drinks, and to catch up with the rest of our group. Then we were off to our room.... It was my roommate's birthday so we had arranged for the room to be decorated with the Happy Birthday motif. It was fantastic. Our room steward, Iasac, did a wonderful job with that and everything else for the entire cruise. (Sorry, folks. He is headed home shortly and will then be on the Dream.) We were in E-255 which is one of the new aft cabins. We loved it. No problem with motion, soot, or noise. There were two chairs and a table/foot stool on the balcony. One chair would recline and you could use the table for a foot stool. We don't smoke but had absolutely no problem with neighbors or with possible previous smokers in our cabin. The safety drill was quick and painless. We had selected late dining and Carnival did a "Sensational" job of seating all in the same area even though we did not all book together or through the same agent. Our table was #388 in the Ecstasy dining room. Our servers were Gregory and his assistant Nery. Impecable service each night. The food was just fine. Lobster was great and we all loved the soups. We had also ordered the birthday cake and it was well worth the $10 bucks. We all loved the dancing during dinner. We used the Lido for breakfast and for lunch and most of us used Room Service at least once. We found the food to be just fine. We were group number 21 to leave the ship but we were off by 8:15 or so. We had a little wait for the Raddison shuttle but once again their service was great. We had "Bong" as our driver both ways.

Sensational

Carnival Sensation Cruise Review by Andrew Bowden

• Sail Date: October 2009
  • Destination: Bahamas
Andrew Bowden’s Full Rating Summary
Rates
Get Carnival Sensation price drops

We loved our cabin and balcony. Great closet space. Best I've ever seen on a ship.
  Carnival Sensation Deck Plans