3. Caribbean Princess
We selected this cruise because we loved the itinerary. We hadn't cruised with Princess before, but loved the chance to see the Orkneys and visit Juno Beach. There wasn't any major issue wrong with this ship, but a whole bunch of little irritants tipped the scale against them. Damaged luggage, old cracked bathroom tiles, and the feeling that you are being "nickel and dimed" to death meant this cruise will also be our last Princess cruise. My husband's suitcase was broken not once but twice, and the handle of my Heys suitcase was snapped clean off. Organizational chaos resulted in a two hour lineup at Guernsey ( not good for someone like my husband, who has back issues). The only ship's tour we booked turned out to be a half-day ($120US pp) that was mostly self-guided. Food was moderate at best, with the exception of the (additional cost) Crown Grill, which was fabulous! The most ridiculous example of penny-pinching was the British Pub Lunch. My husband's fish and chips consisted of a 4 inch piece of fish and four chips! Though we arrived at lunch at 1.05pm, by 1.25pm they were clearing things off the table as we ate. Coffee and tea were offered free in restaurants, but cost money anywhere else- not fancy coffee or tea- just a regular cuppa. And we had a hard time finding a place to just sit and relax- lots of bars but not many obvious sitting areas (admittedly there could have been, and we just didn't find them). Finally (and this isn't something they can change, just something that made me uncomfortable) our balcony (Deck 11) overlooked all the other balconies. Finally, there was never a time that I went into a public washroom that at least one stall was out of service.

Great Itinerary- Mediocre Cruise

Caribbean Princess Cruise Review by boons@sympatico.ca

boons@sympatico.ca’s Full Rating Summary
Get Caribbean Princess price drops

Balcony
Cabin BB B435
The cabin was average in size. The beds were very comfortable, as were the pillows. The bathroom sadly needs an upgrade- cracked floor tiles and mildew. Also, the TV didn't seem to have a guide (the one we found changed pages too rapidly). They could use a channel that keeps track of where you are in your cruise.
Great room steward, though- can't say enough about him.
Aloha Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins