3. Navigator of the Seas
Having been impressed by the itinerary of the delights the mediterranean can offer, we looked forward with great anticipation to our 5th cruise from Southampton. Being disabled I stayed in an accessible junior suite, do not think being in this category of room would bring you any benefits, it was just a very large room, plenty of room for hoist, easy access onto large balcony, though we were not even greeted by the customary bottle of cava and water. I must first of all start by saying the staff were in the majority, extremely courteous and very very helpful. Special mention must go to the Sky Bar staff who looked after me exceptionally well. The onboard experience was spoilt by the awful food and cheap nasty wine selection offered by the glass. In the Sapphire dining room the menu was somewhat different sometimes having the option of up to 4 soups in the starter selection, in the main course the fish was exceptionally dry and tasteless, hardly any sauces with the meats, the vegetable selection was very limited but every dish was not complete without 2 cherry tomatoes! I have never been on a cruise before without a sommelier offering his advice on the wines. I was told due to a cutting back in staff this service was no longer available. We only managed to last 5 days in the Sapphirre dining room, we completed the cruise eating in the Windjammer restaurant. The food here offered greater selection, and was much more appetising. The self service was no problem. We bought the 3 meal package for the speciality restaurants, in hindsight I wish I had booked the 5 meal experience, the speciality restaurants were ,by far, superior to anything else offered on board. The itinerary was excellent with a good choice of destinations, however my only grumble would be why cut short your visit to Corsica with a 3pm departure then only travelling a few miles overnight to Sardinia. This also applied to Cadiz with another 3pm departure . For future cruises, besides checking the itinerary, I will also be checking departure times.I would not travel on this ship again due to the problems already mentioned. Very mediocre ship, good staff, excellent for children, good for wheelchair accessibility, but sadly not for me.

Magical Mediterranean spoilt by dining room disaster

Navigator of the Seas Cruise Review by Andrew H

Andrew H’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Navigator of the Seas price drops

Very Large room, walk in wardrobe, large accessible bathroom with shower. Large accessible balcony, very limited number of plugs, poor hairdryer, very poor television (very small)
  Navigator of the Seas Deck Plans