3. Le Boreal
We wanted to cruise around Norway. Also we had cruised with Seabourne and Silverseas and we decided to try a cruise with Ponant We enjoyed the cruise and found the atmosphere great and staff very friendly. This came all the way down from the Captain who was remarkably attentive seeing us off and welcoming us from onshore excursions. The entertainment on the boat was excellent and the shore excursions were well chosen with excellent guides. We found the food on board adequate but it lacked variety. Also there was insufficient fresh local content. There were wonderful fresh berries in The market in Bergen yet we were never offered these berries for breakfast. Similarly we were not offered the varieties of fish, particularly herrings available onshore. The wines offered with meals were mediocre. I found this surprising on a French boat. It is true that I could have purchased better wine but I believe that if you serve good quality meals the wine should be of equal quality without the need to pay extra for a decent bottle of wine. At times the service in the restaurant on the sixth floor was poor. There were not enough waiters allotted to this restaurant and consequently water glasses were not replenished and used plates were not taken away in a timely fashion. My only other comment is in regard to the lectures on Scandinavia given during the cruise. I felt that these could have been improved. The images were difficult to see and the talk was not well organized

The fjords of Norway should be on everyone's bucket list.

Le Boreal Cruise Review by George 7

We wanted to cruise around Norway.

George 7’s Full Rating Summary
Get Ponant Le Boreal price drops

Deluxe Suite
Cabin DX 610, Cabin
The cabin was comfortable. However slightly higher beds to allow storage of suitcases under the bed would be helpful
  Le Boreal Deck Plans