3. Adventure of the Seas
We took the Adventure of the Seas for a Caribbean cruise in July 2017. The port in San Juan was a bit of a mess, but once we found someone who knew what to do with our luggage, and we got through security, check-in itself was fairly smooth and quick, as we had a Junior Suite, which entitled us to fast check-in. The ship was fairly recently refurbished. When we reached our cabin, however, the sink was clogged and the refrigerator was not working. It took awhile for these issues to be resolved, and admittedly, it was a disappointing way to begin our vacation. The cabin itself, a wheelchair accessible balcony junior suite on deck 10, was comfortable enough for three people, with a large walk-in closet. The mattress was quite hard. Royal Caribbean needs to do better. There are no upgraded amenities in the bathroom, and no niceties such as hand and body lotion. The balcony was quite comfortable, and I found myself falling asleep on the lounge chair on more than one afternoon, as the warm sun and cooling breezes lulled me. The cabin was wheelchair accessible throughout. Chops Grille provided excellent food, while Giovanni's Table was quite good. Both were well worth the upcharge. Food in the MDR varied. On some nights, it was good. Other nights, it was simply all right. Pastas in the MDR were consistently good. Food at the Windjammer was consistently . . . well, let's just say there was no chance of weight gain there. Johnny Rockets was always a safe bet for lunch. Service on the ship was generally good, especially among the dining staff. Ports were a bit repetitive -- many offered the same shops over and over again. St. Maarten was lovely; Antigua's shops quite good. Because I am in a wheelchair, many shore excursions were not available to me. I had researched as much as I could ahead of time, and reserved the Dolphin and Whale Watching Excursion on St. Lucia (which was amazing -- highly recommend). The Excursions Desk on board was rarely open, and Guest Relations (where we were sent when the Excursions Desk was closed) was not much help. This was somewhat frustrating. Really enjoyed the Vitality Spa, where I had a massage and got a keratin treatment for my hair. Great staff, great service, and wonderful atmosphere. Will travel with RCCL again, but not on Adventure.

Some Good, Some Not So Good

Adventure of the Seas Cruise Review by ysolde

Service on the ship was generally good, especially among the dining staff.

Will travel with RCCL again, but not on Adventure.
ysolde’s Full Rating Summary