Lots of entertainment; felt crowded at times: Carnival Sunshine Cruise Review by MicheleMcfad

Carnival Sunshine 3
MicheleMcfad
Member Since 2017

Overall Member Rating

Lots of entertainment; felt crowded at times

Sail Date: July 2017
Embarkation: New York (Manhattan)
Cons:

1. When you sail out of NY, the cheers program doesn't go into effect till the following day, so you have to pay for all drinks on day 1 out of NY. (Major disappointment)

2. Some passengers were ghetto. Ex. cursing around kids, we heard 2 guys saying the "n" word around my kids; running and stomping through the halls late at night/ early in the a.m., screaming in the halls. There was an incident where a parent accused a 17 yr old of touching his daughter. Understandably so, the father was screaming at the top of his lungs. It was wild!

3. Burrito spot- long lines Shake Spot- SUPER long lines Customer Service- SUPER Long lines Comedy show- Line forms 30 min prior Lip Synch Battle- Line formed 1 hr. before!

4. Certain areas smelled like septic (poop).

5. Pool area- VERY crowded. Get there early to get a chair! Pool is VERY small!

6. Not a variety of midnight snacks- (pizza, hot dogs (bleh))

7. Steakhouse More messed up our steak orders & sides. We were in there for 2 HOURS! Apparently med. means RAW & med. well means med. It was not a good evening.

8. Muster Drill- EPIC FAIL! Very disorganized!

9. Check your statement at the end of your trip. They add $103.00 for each person in your cabin for tips and gratuities. This includes children/ babies. If you want it off, you have to tell them.

10. Grand TURK- Tour was BLEHHHHH!! Go to Margaritaville or to the beach! DON't waste your 20.00 on a tour!

Pros:

1. Rum & Tequila Bars- AWESOME!! Great Bartenders!

2. Sunset Restaurant on the 1st elegant night- YUM! YOU CAN ORDER AS MUCH FOOD AS YOU WANT! (that includes, lobster tails & steaks)

3. Great ENTERTAINMENT! There's always something going on! (Trivia, games, music etc...) Emma is fun and sweet!

4. SUSHI spot is yummy!! But you have to pay for that.

5. Buffet was meh.. Burrito spot is good, Shake spot- YUMMY!! Guys burger- good

6. Liquid Lounge played good music! 80's party and 80's trivia- FUN!

7. Comedy show is entertaining!

8. My kids enjoyed the movies on the Lido deck.

9. Don't buy a lanyard . Go to the casino and get them for free!

10. Puerto Rico tour was cool. We ate there, THAT was bad! It took 2hrs.

11. St. Thomas- Bus ride to Megan's Bay (Beautiful BEACH!)- $8.00 & $5.00 for the beach.

I think I covered most of it.

Don't forget a sweater/sweatshirt. Some areas were cold (for me) and some nights were a little chilly out on the lido deck.

I hope my review helped! Overall, I was with great company, so I did have fun! Less

Published 08/04/17

Cabin review: 4C6225 Interior

Cabin was fine. No complaints. Except our toilet didn't flush for about an hour! They gave us dessert samples for our inconvenience. LOL

Read All Interior (4C) Reviews >>