A health hazard: Maasdam Cruise Review by Carolmielz

A health hazard

Sail Date: July 2017
Destination: Canada & New England
Embarkation: Montreal
This ship is in need of huge repairs! I traveled from Montreal to Boston! The ports were good but the accommodation was terrible

Room 1- Black soot was coming out of our a/c unit and falling on the furniture! It was dirty and disgusting! The crew tried to correct it but said it couldn't be done while the ship was sailing!

Room 2- we were switched to another room! This room had a balcony which they decided to paint while on board! Th smell was awful and the paint chips were all over the floor of the patio! They finally cleaned it only to find out that the next day the same thing occurred

Another factor about this ship! The entertainment was amateurish at best! The women sang off key and the activities director had no excitement to her . However the solo singer in the lounge was excellent! We would miss the shows and only listen to her !

Dining was adequate! The service was good,staff was attentive but the food was mediocre! The lido had a clam bake! More The lobster was minuscule and the clams and mussels were tiny!

The special dining room was not worth the price either! The good and service was good but their up charges were not worth going to!

They credited us $200 l! However I didn't want the credit I wanted and paid for a pleasant experience with clean accommodations . The front office was polite but kept saying this is what corporate has requested us to have done!

I have travelled onHolland before but this is the final straw!

As I said it is a health hazard and a danger to one's health!!

Please listen and DoNot travel on this ship! Less