3. Celebrity Reflection
Our family had cruised with NCL previously and we were looking for a cruise line that offered a unique itinerary covering the Western Med, offering a service level that was perhaps more sophisticated than NCL. Celebrity did not disappoint. Whilst the Reflection is significantly larger than the Norwegian Jade, we did not experience unpleasant crowds or queuing at all. Embarkation was quick and painless, and all meals were of the highest standard. We were surprised to see that all patisserie was made freshly each day - and all ingredients were fresh. The MDR really surprised us, and we chose to dine there on 9 of the 11 nights. Our concierge-class stateroom was situated on Deck 10 - really quiet; and well serviced by Davian. Our kids slept on the pull out bed, and it was fine in terms of space. The linen was of a high standard and kept fresh throughout the cruise. The sliding glass shower door worked well and gave a good feeling of space in the well designed bathroom. There are varying kinds of entertainment throughout the ship and our only 'criticism' was that the shows in the theatre weren't promoted enough. The announcement in the daily newsletter did nothing to make one want to attend - and yet, when we went to take a look on the 3rd night, we discovered top quality productions. In the end, it was tough choosing which show to see. (The Phil Collins improve, and standup comedy acts were brilliant). The excursions were all very well organised and provided a great exposure to the various ports visited. My wife and I had visited Florence before and wanted our 2 kids to see it, along with the Tower of Pisa. In hindsight, the 2-hr bus ride each way took too much out of the day, and we returned to the ship exhausted and grumpy. In retrospect, I would rather explore the La Spezia region's unique beauty. Knowing what I know now, I would recommend the following: 1. Buy the all-in photo package using the $100-off special on Day 2, and then make every effort to be photographed wherever you are. I thought the price was expensive, but ended up paying a similar amount for just 12 pics at the end of the cruise. 2. I'm not convinced that Concierge Class offers enough of a benefit above the ordinary balcony cabins one deck down. 3. Buy the Premium Alcohol package from home using any promotional discounts offered. Drinks are all >$10 each and one quickly finds out that the standard package is insufficient when one is on holiday. You don't want to be declined, or told to pay in all the time. 4. Dinner at Murano is a must. The food and service were outstanding - and the venue is special. 5. Café al Baccio for one's morning cappuccino is a real treat. The staff there work incredibly hard (all day) and having quality coffee available is nice. The free pastries also become addictive! 6. The $99 cost of the Behind-the-Scenes tour was worth it for a sea day. We saw parts of the ship we'd always wondered about, and learned a lot about how they pull all the logistics together. (Bridge, Laundry, Engine room, Stores, etc.). I only discovered it by accident - as it's not well marketed as part of the available daily excursions.

The best cruise yet...

Ages 16+
Get Celebrity Reflection price drops

Concierge Class
Cabin C3 1016
The main double bed is situated closer to the bathroom, than the balcony. The spare bed pulls out from under the couch - making it possible for the kids to occupy the same cabin. The shower works well and the amenities (Gilchrist & Soames) were replenished often and were of a high standard.
Sky Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins