3. Viking Star
My husband and I booked a Baltic cruise with Viking in early 2016 for a May 2017 trip. Having been on an amazing Viking river cruise, we convinced three other couples to sign up too.....what a mistake! Our trip had a rough start due to weather/airline problems in the US. When we finally arrived at Bergen, we were whisked away from the airport before being allowed to get our luggage.....so we were without our suitcases for two days. Because we had missed several events, we requested verification from the concierge of those missed activities for our insurance claim. To say they were less than helpful is an understatement. On a happier note, the housekeeping crew was amazing, the restaurant crews were very friendly and helpful. The food was average, entertainment was good, the cruise director was poor, and the "historical insights" lectures were very poor. I was embarrassed that I had encouraged the three other couples to come. Viking does an amazing job with river cruises, but they need help with the ocean cruise business. This will be the last one I take with them.

Disappointing Viking Ocean Cruise

Viking Star Cruise Review by Nanlaux

Nanlaux’s Full Rating Summary
Get Viking Star price drops

The cabin was very nice, even roomy. Storage was ample and the baths were nicely appointed. The housekeeping crew did a wonderful job.