MSC Splendida Cruise Review

MSC Splendida Cruise Review by Babs1176

• Sail Date: Jul 2017
  • Destination: the Mediterranean
  • Cabin Type: Balcony Stateroom

Embarkation and disembarkation went surprisingly smoothly.

Cabin was adequate but we couldn't enjoy balcony due to chain smokers on next balcony. Unfortunate because husband got quite ill with bronchitis and URI and were quarantined on day 6. MSC says smoking isn't tolerated on balconies but maids apparently missed clue of ash tray on balcony. Bed was comfortable.

Food was below average. Both in restaurant and in buffet. Buffet was way out of control. Seemed like a shark feeding frenzy each and every day. The idea of forming a line was foreign. Even had someone grab a utensil out of my hand as I reached for it. Dining room was way too crowded. Table we were at was in pathway of waitstaff and chair kept getting pushed as they crammed through.

Entertainment was not quite high school quality.

Excursions were far too rushed. No time to enjoy surroundings as keeping up with guides was a job itself. We found this on all the excursions we went on.

Medical staff was good. Medical center was clean and efficient. Costs there were very reasonable.

Had to drink tap water unless we wanted to pay for alcohol package. 12 coupons for drinks came with package. One night at dinner I decided I wanted a gin and tonic. No, I was told, I have to get that in bar. Next night stopped on way to bar to get one to take to dinner. No, I was told , I couldn't take drink out of bar. After I rolled my eyes they "relented" and gave me the gin and tonic in a different glass (?)

Would never cruise this line again

Babs1176's Full Rating Summary