This trip met all our expectations. Embarkation was quick and easy we boarded ahead of schedule. Disembarkation was equally as easy. Took a transfer from port to airport - wise idea. Ship is older but in great shape. Well maintained and nicely decorated. Beautiful sitting areas. Smaller ship with not middle stair case. Tricky getting around. Cabin was great. had no hot water for 24 hrs but... fixed and no more problems. Dining was awesome in all areas. Wait staff above and beyond in all areas. Service as always with HAL was superb. I've read some complaints about cut backs but in my opinion the level of service is as amazing as always. HAL is not known for fun and games and that's why I pick them. Did not use HAL for excurshions but loved all the ports Not sure why we stopped in Sydney but the rest was great. Use Halifax taxi - Les was wonderful We did the HippoBus in PEI great hour tour and cheap.

Awesome Again

Maasdam Cruise Review by esimon

Cabin was great. had no hot water for 24 hrs but... fixed and no more problems.

Dining was awesome in all areas. Wait staff above and beyond in all areas.

Service as always with HAL was superb.

Did not use HAL for excurshions but loved all the ports

Not sure why we stopped in Sydney but the rest was great.

esimon’s Full Rating Summary

Vista Suite with Verandah
Cabin BB 040
HAL has added Lani rooms so my usually verandah room has become a Verandah suite - paid more, had some added room and storage - but would rather pay less for a little less space - That being said this was a great room and a great location. Aft by the pool and stairs.
Navigation Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins